Status
Not open for further replies.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Classic response. Nowhere did I do that.

I responded to Bojan’s point about tribalism underpinning the reason some fans sometimes justify their actions.

There’s a blurred line there somewhere. Many ways to support your own team without resorting to derogatory behaviour.
No mate you’re no equating singing about eating out of bins with making gassing noises, Hillsborough etc. As you say there is line that can be drawn, so try applying it yourself

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
No mate you’re no equating singing about eating out of bins with making gassing noises, Hillsborough etc. As you say there is line that can be drawn, so try applying it yourself

Once again, the point has been missed. I’m not equating the outcomes. I’m equating the justification that underpins it.

Probably a bit more triggering for myself from some experiences of an orphanage in Mumbai we co funded some years ago.

I do have vivid memories of kids foraging through bins for whatever they can find in order to avoid having to solicit themselves for the promise of a meal afterwards.

Probably why I don’t find it amusing (even in the jest of football tribalism) to hang s**t on a group of people for that.

Anyway, will leave it there.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Bloke who attacked Jack Grealish got 14 weeks in prison and a 10 year ban from football grounds.

10 year ban from football grounds? So, he can start going to games again when he is 37 years old and much more scummier than he is today? It should have been a lifetime ban. The dickhead was even triumphant when he was hauled off the pitch after the assault.

But oh no, his family says it was out of character for him, clearly it isn’t, and his attorney says he only wanted to whip up the crowd... with his fist on the back of Jack’s head.

Last edited:

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do stadiums have facial recognition technology these days? Very hard to ban someone from venues unless they do. Good chance this muppet sneaks into a stadium again.

Apparently they have to present themselves at a police station during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back