The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 is a massive sample size.

10 years even it wouldn't look too good.
4 FA Cups, 1 Runners up.
1 League Cup, 1 Runners up
1 Champions League
1 Europa, 1 final TBP

Not sure if Super Cups count but we played in 2 of those as well and that World Club thingy we played in a final there.

Last edited:
In which way? For Chelsea? They've made a lot of finals in the last 10 years.
4 FA Cups, 1 Runners up.
1 League Cup, 1 Runners up
1 Champions League
1 Europa, 1 final TBP

Not sure if Super Cups count but we played in 2 of those as well and that World Club thingy we played in a final there.
I meant for English clubs in general.

It wouldn't look anywhere near as impressive taken from 2010-now I'd say

That’s what cash does, anyone who says it doesn’t buy you success is talking s**t.

Surprised Chelsea have won only one league cup since 2000.

So this will be our fifth final. The other four were all league cups and we only one one of those finals. We are the big semi final chokers though, five times out of five we’ve lost in the fa cup semi final since the turn of the millennium. League cup we do better in semi’s

Nah it 3, only 1 in the last ten years. Which I'd say is under achieving for us in that comp.
It’s been a trophy fest for you since 2005 that’s for sure. Unlikely to ever be like that again but who knows. City will hoover up half the trophies on offer certainly in the mid-term. Liverpool should get in on the act also

I wonder what team has one of the most trophies this decade not including Charity Shields, Super Cups and s**t like that. Must be Chelsea or City. I know this will be the first full decade we won’t have won a major honour since the 1940’s (which was war interrupted if you didn’t know) if we don’t win the CL final

It’s been a trophy fest for you since 2005 that’s for sure. Unlikely to ever be like that again but who knows. City will hoover up half the trophies on offer certainly in the mid-term. Liverpool should get in on the act also
Yeah, we've had our time in the sun and its someone elses turn now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how European teams would impact on English teams making major finals in England so not really.
What?

I am saying if you took the size from 2010-2019, the figures would not be as high.

It says major finals reached since 2000.

I don't understand what you're not grasping.

What?

I am saying if you took the size from 2010-2019, the figures would not be as high.

Haha obviously if you halved the sample size it wouldnt be as high.

What?

Is that really your point?

Yes reducing the population by half means that all of the numbers will be halved..

What a revelation. :p

It's more that English clubs more achieved a lot at the turn of the century which inflate the numbers IMO.

Ok which is it - because this comment seems to suggest you're still not getting it. The stats aren't saying "Hey look at these English clubs doing so well in Europe" it's saying "Hey look, Chelsea have been the most successful English club in England and in Europe" Changing it to the last 10 years doesn't change that comment lol.

They'll gather in a pub and have guys standing at the door to not let in anyone who's not English, while behaving aggressively to people in the street. They do this every time. I've never seen fans from other European countries do this. You feel a certain level of aggression and ugliness towards anyone who's not part of their group.

Europeans think the English feel the need to be like this because they feel separate from continental Europeans and have a strong us against them mentality. Not sure why the Scots and Irish aren't like that then though.

Identifying as not European is a shield for their racism.

I’m not why English fans are like it. I think there’s not an outlet for people to feel a sense of belonging, and it manifests itself in this negative way. Maybe in our genes we have been this conquering nation and perhaps deep down that still exists, although some would cite that as hyperbole. Think Kompany is right about the us and them mentality that exists with continental europeans, although English fans have fought with Tunisians and probably other nations outside of Europe over the years. It’s only a minority of fans though, but it’s a big enough minority to make it a thing

The British Empire faded out, in a peculiar post-WW2 way, meaning many English and their descendants simply never acknowledged how bad it was and even that it was bad at all. The racism wasn't accepted or addressed. To their minds, if there's victims, it's themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back