The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thank * I didn’t watch last night match. I fast forwarded it on Kayo this morning and got just before penalties seeing it was 0-0. The on field commentator was saying how Redmayne has a unique way of putting penalty takers off, even once turning his back to the taker and then turning around at the last minute (“the last minute”? Really?). I thought he was exaggerating and then

Go Glory, hope you guys win it Latro jod23 Mr_Bojangles
Had no idea we even made the Final. I didn't watch. Heard it was utter garbage as usual. From my limited knowledge did we lose like the cup? But we won the league but in a weird way the cup is more important than the league?

Zero * given really haha

Had no idea we even made the Final. I didn't watch. Heard it was utter garbage as usual. From my limited knowledge did we lose like the cup? But we won the league but in a weird way the cup is more important than the league?

Zero **** given really haha

I was thinking the league should get rid of the Grand Final and just make it like any other league around the world. A-League with no playoffs and the “Grand Final” is in place anyway with the FFA Cup.

I was thinking the league should get rid of the Grand Final and just make it like any other league around the world. A-League with no playoffs and the “Grand Final” is in place anyway with the FFA Cup.
Australia is all about finals series and of course it generates extra $$$$$

Zero **** given really haha
"Like usual" after Perths game last week was one of the most thrilling games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the one thing Marina Granovskaia has got going for her, she doesnt get ripped off selling players

The loan farm system obviously keeps the fees ticking over, but getting big bucks for players like Oscar is some mighty fine business.

chelsea have sold a lot of good players over the years. some of the fees were way overboard, but someone like oscar is still only 27 and had shown he could be a star. they'll now probably get about 100 mil for hazard. they have quite the turnover.

The loan farm system obviously keeps the fees ticking over, but getting big bucks for players like Oscar is some mighty fine business.

I dont think the loam farm makes a heap of money, but it does pay for itself.

More that we are good at selling players, but buying we leeve a lot to be desired.

View attachment 677295

Its nuts Liverpool and Spurs dont make this graphic and have both been great this season.

Gee United have wasted some money.

Clubs are only sustainable by selling players to buy unless you are a commercial juggernaut like Utd. We're likeky going to sell 70-90m worth of players this window and bring in 1-2 quality signings.

I suspect your net spend for this window will look quite healthy - but not for the right reasons!

Even Palace, their net spend(cue moomba graphic trigger haha) is huge

That’s actually what stood out to me most. They have such an exciting squad and in my opinion have underperformed in the last few years. They should have been challenging for Europe (7th) with the team they have and money they’ve spent.

it's an easy way to get two articles in one. you get the call all the success meaningless, and then you get to use the obviously negative reactions to your piece to appear as a journalistic martyr. you're playing off against people's love of their club, and purposely going after the fans of a club and holding them responsible for what is happening in a completely different part of the world. we're expected to be able to do something about it, which is impossible. you get people who have been involved in the club for decades, and now they should just up and leave?

plus, there is always something about being spoken down to by journalists who are all too happy to accept the free ticket, eat the food provided and then turn around and blast them. people say that fans should be enjoying the success, but for those especially in the uk, what opportunity are they getting to do so when they're told the success means nothing and everyone who enjoyed the football is an evil enabler? and people are just expected to cop that, along with all the other jibes?

I think this article sums it up pretty well:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...d-they-re-paying-the-price-1.3897613?mode=amp

Just enjoy your success personally. Oil funded successful teams are never going to capture the hearts and minds of everyday fans but that shouldnt bother you. If my team won the treble Id be out on a 2 day celebration, go out and enjoy yourself.

It was a shame to see Pep look so disappointed after the 6th goal was scored. He looked like it felt all too easy for him.

This table from Feb 2019 seems more up to date:

https://www.givemesport.com/1453518...based-on-net-spend-over-the-past-five-seasons

Horrific for Fulham. Spurs doing a great job. Unsurprisngly Soton make a profit. If City maintain this sort of spending nobody will be able to compete with them which is a shame for the competition.
much of the spending was to replace a very old squad and freshen it up. plus we turned a profit this season in the transfer market.

I think this article sums it up pretty well:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...d-they-re-paying-the-price-1.3897613?mode=amp

Just enjoy your success personally. Oil funded successful teams are never going to capture the hearts and minds of everyday fans but that shouldnt bother you. If my team won the treble Id be out on a 2 day celebration, go out and enjoy yourself.

It was a shame to see Pep look so disappointed after the 6th goal was scored. He looked like it felt all too easy for him.
and my point is that people in the uk arent being allowed to enjoy it, and they're being made to feel as if they're complicit in the actions of others they have nothing to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back