The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what that has to do with anything. There is a stark difference between ability and resources in the men's comps too. A dominating performance is a dominating performance.

they're not being criticised for running up the score. more about acting like pork chops after scoring every goal
they are being criticised for both. even though running up the score should only apply for head to head competitions only, such as basketball. in sport with percentages and goals scored/difference as key measurements, you have to score as much as possible.

i'd celebrate a bit too if i scored 5 goals in a world cup game.

That sounds more like not playing flair passes and tricks to embarrass the opponent, rather than not celebrating goals though?

Yes quite possibly true, I know Schurrle scored twice in the second half but I don’t recall how they celebrated.

I was more so referring to it was the first time I’d hears players speak about being mindful of their opponents at this level, and not humiliating them.

Yes quite possibly true, I know Schurrle scored twice in the second half but I don’t recall how they celebrated.

They were low key celebrations, naturally. I don't get how people are defending this. It's just a totally weird thing to do and is in complete bad taste. They have every right to score 25 in a competition where goal difference may come into play, but some of the celebrations towards the end were ridiculous.

Anyway, I think it was on EPSN where an American (former) player said that if you'd do this in the men's game, an opponent would break your leg, but that they knew that was never going to happen against Thailand's women.

They were low key celebrations, naturally. I don't get how people are defending this. It's just a totally weird thing to do and is in complete bad taste. They have every right to score 25 in a competition where goal difference may come into play, but some of the celebrations towards the end were ridiculous.

Anyway, I think it was on EPSN where an American (former) player said that if you'd do this in the men's game, an opponent would break your leg, but that they knew that was never going to happen against Thailand's women.
if you're down 13-0 i dont think you're getting close enough to break legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ossie_21 proper ****** lol

Sky Sports page titled this "Merry Christmas Everton"

View attachment 691882

We have that type of fixture run in March as well when it’s reversed, but no reason we can’t hit that run with confidence if we are picking up points beforehand. Took points off all of them in the second half of last season too

We have that type of fixture run in March as well when it’s reversed, but no reason we can’t hit that run with confidence if we are picking up points beforehand. Took points off all of them in the second half of last season too
The Arsenal game will be an easy win for Everton. Unless Emery is sacked by then.

The Arsenal game will be an easy win for Everton. Unless Emery is sacked by then.

Surely he will sort out the defence ahead of anything else, Kos can’t keep going forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back