Not open for further replies.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It's not Rudiger's fault at all. Being called cheat by 60k people after who knows how many racial incidents he has endured over his life it's easy to see how he could assume it was happening again. Problem is Spurs name was dragged through the mud by the media and the media are the last people to ever apologise for making wrong assumptions

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's not Rudiger's fault at all. Being called cheat by 60k people after who knows how many racial incidents he has endured over his life it's easy to see how he could assume it was happening again. Problem is Spurs name was dragged through the mud by the media and the media are the last people to ever apologise for making wrong assumptions
I’d agree but the blokes got previous on this. I mean I’m probably of the opinion that he mistook whatever he heard for racial chanting but even that wasn’t confirmed in the statement. Unfortunately there are people who like to cry racism when it’s not there - who knows Rudiger might be another Jussie Smollett

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I’d agree but the blokes got previous on this. I mean I’m probably of the opinion that he mistook whatever he heard for racial chanting but even that wasn’t confirmed in the statement. Unfortunately there are people who like to cry racism when it’s not there - who knows Rudiger might be another Jussie Smollett
Even with priors there is no doubt he has suffered racial abuse in the past and he "may" jump to that conclusion quicker than those who haven't suffered it will. Again I don't blame him for that at all. This isn't a case of where he said to the referee I heard X, Y & Z make monkey noises, he went to the referee and said he thinks he has heard monkey noises. Nothing wrong with being wrong with that

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
what word is “w”? I’m assuming the “c..n” is one I only thought was used in Oz...
W is “wog”. I understand that’s not an offensive word in Oz but if you said that to a black man over here it has as much severity as using the N word

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W is “wog”. I understand that’s not an offensive word in Oz but if you said that to a black man over here it has as much severity as using the N word

The biggest culturally different one is the slang term for someone from Pakistan. Here it's said in the same breath as Kiwi would be uttered, but in the UK I know it's basically as bad as the N word.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The biggest culturally different one is the slang term for someone from Pakistan. Here it's said in the same breath as Kiwi would be uttered, but in the UK I know it's basically as bad as the N word.
It comes from those Golliwog dolls that are now pretty much banned. Golliwogs were created by the author Enid Blyton in her Noddy books and are essentially dolls that look like blackface. Never understood why aussies adopted the term for slang about Asians.

It comes from those Golliwog dolls that are now pretty much banned. Golliwogs were created by the author Enid Blyton in her Noddy books and are essentially dolls that look like blackface. Never understood why aussies adopted the term for slang about Asians.

Western-Oriental Gentleman.

Maybe it has two origins.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Erm, nobody calls Asians wogs.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Wogs are Italians or Greeks. They both love the word and use it often to describe them selves.

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
typeclub what is the point of you being here? Some who go absent get missed. No one asked where you've been.
I think we all enjoyed the absence of the same parroted lines

What react should I give this. So conflicted.
Spin the wheel for me Sozabarus and tell me which one to choose. :moustache:
Calm down son.

Btw I get tagged all the time while I'm away. I usually come back to 20+ notifications. A lot of posters on Bigfooty are fond of me.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Probably in the same vein that FAITH gets mentioned :p

No you’re alright TC. Used to enjoy your contributions on the Off Topic board until you copped a ban

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wogs are Italians or Greeks. They both love the word and use it often to describe them selves.

Nick G is also a massive Essendon and James Hird fanboy/if not rimmer, so it's no surprise at all that he acted in such a floggish way.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It used to be offensive to recent settler wogs but they kinda started adopting it as a badge of honor in the late 80s and 90s (sound familiar). Actually through comedy show called wogs at work, not sure if you would get the references or not but some pretty funny stuff that probably wouldn't get through the filters of the 2020s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back