The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the issue with is criticising why a man who earnt 7m pounds last year (over 14m Aus), can't take a pay cut.
Go ahead. No one stopping you.

Only one section of the club has done nothing, and I (like a lot) was more concerned to see £657m in debts in the financial statements this morning. A near £200m increase in 12 months

Yes. All non playing staff. Directors included.

His message was very pointed imo. Clearly referenced the PFA, PL and LMA to put pressure on for players to do the same. Probably has mo legal grounds under their contracts to automatically dock them, not that they should need to negotiate it.

All players barring academy contracted should already have forgone some and it makes me dislike this group even more. not many fans actually like this group, conspired to get a quality manager sacked and bumble around not giving a s**t. All bar Alderweireld and Davies should be ashamed for not yet having forgone wages.
Players wages are protected, so it would have to be a voluntary thing.

Players wages are protected, so it would have to be a voluntary thing.
No doubt, otherwise 20 PL clubs would have done it within 72 hours of the shutdown.

Still sickening none have volunteered, and only two have made contributions to the cause. Harry tweeting and IG about the NHS and for people to stay at home, England’s captain... nothing. Captain of France... Nothing (not even a contribution back home in France).

Wouldn’t care if about 15-20 in this group were sold. Just an inherently unlikable bunch of late.

Have many PL players come out with big donations?

Disappointing no doubt.

Just mind blowing that a club with a director on 7m With a billion dollar stadium is going cap in hand to the govt for a bailout. Not actually that mind blowing when you look into who Joe Lewis is and then his puppets actions over the years

Nice to see our players are trying to help.
Heres what the clubs are doing....

I think PL players "might" be waiting for talks between the FA/League and PFA, that's happening this week.

Doesn't stop them doing stuff outside wage reductions but I think when it happens it will be an across the board thing.

Levy & Lewis showing their true colours that most spurs fans have recognised for years. These *ers only care about making money out of the club, but their actions now have become totally reprehensible

I think PL players "might" be waiting for talks between the FA/League and PFA, that's happening this week.

Doesn't stop them doing stuff outside wage reductions but I think when it happens it will be an across the board thing.

It's strange that it takes so long for players to volunteer pay cuts, when AFL players managed it inside of a week, and our comp only shut down a week and a half ago.

Nah it's perfectly reasonable because the only alternative is sacking the workers. Apparently.
What business faced with an unexpected shortfall in revenue (potentially £100m+) doesn't look at staff cuts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What business faced with potential shortfall in revenue of £100m+ doesn't look at staff cuts?

You're right, when a business is struggling with downturns the first people they look to sack are those costing them the least to employ.

You're way out on this one.

You're right, when a business is struggling with downturns the first people they look to sack are those costing them the least to employ.

You're way out on this one.
They can't sack players, and if they could you wouldn't give away your most saleable assets for nothing.

I think you're a bit blind to the issues facing clubs in the next couple of years.

I'm also not proposing anyone be sacked. You're being simply facetious if you think a 1% salary cut for the Directors, or a 1-2% injection of capital from Spurs' owner wouldn't more than cover the running costs of those operating staff.

Levy & Lewis showing their true colours that most spurs fans have recognised for years. These f***ers only care about making money out of the club, but their actions now have become totally reprehensible

Least you never had Ken ****face Bates as owner.

That old bastard was a bee's dick away from having Leeds United go out of business.

Whilst I am ranting like Trump, I am sick of Man Ure fans whining about the Glazers.
Least your club keep making profits and never been relegated, they are looking after the financial security of the Mancs, and as such, deserve a bit more respect and gratitude. 🎉🎉🎉🤠🤠🤠

Levy and other non playing staff are taking a 20% cut iirc.

I recall that too, it was said on the page before this one. Do you think if Levy and the other Directors had taken a 22% pay cut that the tea lady would have had to take any cut at all?

Least you never had Ken ****face Bates as owner.

That old bastard was a bee's dick away from having Leeds United go out of business.

Whilst I am ranting like Trump, I am sick of Man Ure fans whining about the Glazers.
Least your club keep making profits and never been relegated, they are looking after the financial security of the Mancs, and as such, deserve a bit more respect and gratitude. 🎉🎉🎉🤠🤠🤠
Peter Risdale though, you’re forgetting him. Broke the club so bad they even had to sell an aquarium

Peter Risdale though, you’re forgetting him. Broke the club so bad they even had to sell an aquarium

Yeah Risdale got us relegated, Cuddly Ken nearly killed Leeds off.

The previous owner we had, Massimo Cellino was a complete and utter crackpot.

Apparently we are in talks of being bought out (or least partially) from a consortium that owns PSG)

I recall that too, it was said on the page before this one. Do you think if Levy and the other Directors had taken a 22% pay cut that the tea lady would have had to take any cut at all?
Maybe, but you're holding football club directors to a standard that no directors of other businesses are expected to meet.

FWIW if it's anything like where I work, people will be more than happy to get 80% of their pay to stay at home. We've got people at my place complaining that they can't get it.

Maybe, but you're holding football club directors to a standard that no directors of other businesses are expected to meet.

FWIW if it's anything like where I work, people will be more than happy to get 80% of their pay to stay at home. We've got people at my place complaining that they can't get it.

I think the employees on 40k would be quite happy staying home and also receiving their 40k. And in many or all cases they likely will thanks to the government grants, but for clubs with billionaire owners not to be able to subsidise that themselves, with the amount of money sloshing around in football, is an incredibly poor look, and it's staggering that you can't see that.

I thought it was bad enough last week when you were defending two of the richest clubs in the world slapping their backs for donating 100k, but this is pretty poor.

I think the employees on 40k would be quite happy staying home and also receiving their 40k. And in many or all cases they likely will thanks to the government grants, but for clubs with billionaire owners not to be able to subsidise that themselves, with the amount of money sloshing around in football, is an incredibly poor look, and it's staggering that you can't see that.

A lot of the money sloshing around in football is about to disappear. Clubs that don't adapt will find themselves in the s**t very quick.

But we're never going to agree on that so might as well agree to disagree.

I thought it was bad enough last week when you were defending two of the richest clubs in the world slapping their backs for donating 100k, but this is pretty poor.

Absolute strawman there, I did no such thing.

What I did say was that £100k going to food banks is going to make a huge difference, and that is was a bit ridiculous criticising clubs for making that donation.

And as I mentioned, it wasn't the first and won't be the last contribution my club has made so I didn't really get your bitching about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back