The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashbacks of Percy Jones....

Yes I did in response to someone else using it. It was silly, I edited my post and removed it.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson today old sport. What seemed to some as some kind of mildly amusing, albeit childish, name calling has been exposed for what it is: calculated fat shaming and vindictive dysphemism. Heretofore, I will no longer use potentially hurtful names, that admittedly were NOT ok. I will no longer say things like: that owl faced f**k for Hodgsen or ol' bacon face for Fergie. Fat Frank, Fats, Big Fat Frank, Tubby Frank, Tubs, Porko etc are all finished for me. Full christian names only.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson today old sport. What seemed to some as some kind of mildly amusing, albeit childish, name calling has been exposed for what it is: calculated fat shaming and vindictive dysphemism. Heretofore, I will no longer use potentially hurtful names, that admittedly were NOT ok. I will no longer say things like: that owl faced f**k for Hodgsen or ol' bacon face for Fergie. Fat Frank, Fats, Big Fat Frank, Tubby Frank, Tubs, Porko etc are all finished for me. Full christian names only.

Is this a melt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah because Steven Gerrard is always referred to as Steven Gerrard on these forums...
Well no that's because he had a mare and it was funny, the lampard one sprang up in the last few pages out of nothing. Historically yes its a nickname he's had but sounded like a few childish pool fans upset that he made their manager sad.

Well no that's because he had a mare and it was funny, the lampard one sprang up in the last few pages out of nothing. Historically yes its a nickname he's had but sounded like a few childish pool fans upset that he made their manager sad.
Dont buy that one mate. If Fat Frank is childish then so is Slippy G.

You can call him fat or whatever
you like. Its just weird as he isnt fat. Whats the origins?

Its not really offence, kind of like calling Gerrard slippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back