The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggs very good playing away from home to be fair

Imagine playing 50+ matches of football a season, training, playing abroad in other countries and still finding the time to conduct an 8 year affair with your sister in law. That takes some serious planning to pull off.

Unfortunately looks like we couldn't get health approvals to have fans back at the game, because of rising cases in Hull.

I can't see crowds anywhere in the short term. Starting to get the same feel as I had back in March and I think it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

And for me, it's just not right that you're restricted from how many friends and family you can allow in your house but can still go to a footy match.

I can't see crowds anywhere in the short term. Starting to get the same feel as I had back in March and I think it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

And for me, it's just not right that you're restricted from how many friends and family you can allow in your house but can still go to a footy match.

There's a number of games this weekend that will have crowds.

Really? That's mad.

There's non-league grounds that have long been allowed to have 300 fans in 2500 capacity stadiums but it's apparently not safe for us to have 600 in a 25,000 stadium. Which is madder?

Both mad. I can't go to the local park with more than 5 family/friends under the current rules.

Yeah guess my point is it seems pretty inconsistent all over the place. Complete mess.

There's non-league grounds that have long been allowed to have 300 fans in 2500 capacity stadiums but it's apparently not safe for us to have 600 in a 25,000 stadium. Which is madder?
It's harder to police interactions between people and despite having a "bigger stadium" the foot prints are usually similar and as such entrances are not big enough, not enough toilets etc.

Craven Cottage for instance has 2 gate areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's harder to police interactions between people and despite having a "bigger stadium" the foot prints are usually similar and as such entrances are not big enough, not enough toilets etc.

Craven Cottage for instance has 2 gate areas.

You reckon a league stadium has so many less entrances that they can't have 300 more people attend than a non-League club? Think that's rubbish tbh.

You reckon a league stadium has so many less entrances that they can't have 300 more people attend than a non-League club? Think that's rubbish tbh.
Depends on the stadium. There's a multitude of factors including how people get to and from the game, preventing people from congregating together when a goal is scored etc.

Depends on the stadium. There's a multitude of factors including how people get to and from the game, preventing people from congregating together when a goal is scored etc.

But I'm not suggesting a drastically larger number of people, I'm saying if a ground has a capacity 10% of a league ground how are they allowed 300 people there?

Problem also is that people have to get to the game, that could involve public transport, use of shops/toilets/pubs etc around the ground.

In the long run though, I know clubs are suffering and want the money, but there are more important issues at play. Personally find it ridiculous if people are allowed into non league grounds as well.

Problem also is that people have to get to the game, that could involve public transport, use of shops/toilets/pubs etc around the ground.

In the long run though, I know clubs are suffering and want the money, but there are more important issues at play. Personally find it ridiculous if people are allowed into non league grounds as well.

Clubs will die in that case, it's not just about 'wanting the money' it's about survival. Businesses around grounds are also dying or dead. Really is an unfortunate situation all round but with cases rising again in England there's no choice.

Clubs will die in that case, it's not just about 'wanting the money' it's about survival. Businesses around grounds are also dying or dead. Really is an unfortunate situation all round but with cases rising again in England there's no choice.
They shouldn't die, there's enough money in football and government support to prop them up.

But there's more important things in the world than football clubs. My kids have already missed 5 months if schooling and they're already talking about extending the midterm break by a week so the country can go into lockdown again.

They shouldn't die, there's enough money in football and government support to prop them up.

But there's more important things in the world than football clubs. My kids have already missed 5 months if schooling and they're already talking about extending the midterm break by a week so the country can go into lockdown again.

They aren't being home schooled?

They aren't being home schooled?
They're back at school now.

Home school consisted of a couple of exercise sheets to fill out plus whatever we could think of for the day.

Schoolwork was usually completed by 10am.

They're back at school now.

Home school consisted of a couple of exercise sheets to fill out plus whatever we could think of for the day.

Schoolwork was usually completed by 10am.

Pretty pathetic from their school. My wife was conducting lessons throughout the day for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back