The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah cos he is an outrageously talented football. James Milner doesn't have the technical ability of France's back up players let alone Pogba.

I've seen outrageously talented players who get nowhere because they have a poor work ethic and are unmotivated.

The old saying 90 % perspiration 10% inspiration is the reason why a player like Milner has had a hugely successful 15 + year professional career and some of those backup players will never reach the heights that he has.

I've seen outrageously talented players who get nowhere because they have a poor work ethic and are unmotivated.

The old saying 90 % perspiration 10% inspiration is the reason why a player like Milner has had a hugely successful 15 + year professional career and some of those backup players will never reach the heights that he has.
Not having a dig at Milner. Gero brought him up. Talking about technical ability rather than career achievements. Some of those back ups will be winning a world cup on Sunday btw. Can't get much higher than that.

Aus v France was the first time I’ve seen Pogba in the flesh. We were right on the sideline and it stood out straight away what an unbelievable physical athlete he is. Quick on his feet to go with being bigger and stronger than most midfielders I’ve seen. He also got around the pitch with a swagger and aura the others didn’t.

I think he’s had an outstanding tournament (not quite as good as Kante, who imo is player of the tournament) and him and Kante against Modric and Rakitic is one of the great midfield battles on paper.

You were serious? Jesus

Yes. Has been completely overshadowed in the French team.

Lukaku has been dross for Belgium while we're talking about underwhelming United players.

Rashford was a waste of a spot on the plane.

Yes. Has been completely overshadowed in the French team.

Lukaku has been dross for Belgium while we're talking about underwhelming United players.

Rashford was a waste of a spot on the plane.
I can understand that you are not completely with it given the time zone difference. :thumbsu:

I can understand that you are not completely with it given the time zone difference. :thumbsu:

I guess I expect a bit more from him than you do. Fair enough. Seems United supporters are easily pleased these days.

I guess I expect a bit more from him than you do. Fair enough. Seems United supporters are easily pleased these days.
Pogs has been excellent this tournament offensively and offensively.

Not sure what your expectations are. You realise where the water carrier has him playing yeah?

Pogs has been excellent this tournament offensively and offensively.

Not sure what your expectations are. You realise where the water carrier has him playing yeah?

I do, but for instance someone like Kante who is playing quite deep is having a very impressive tournament. I'm not marking Pogba down just because he doesn't have X number of assists and goals.

I just don't think he's set the tournament alight like I thought he might, and he's playing in a very similar way to at United where he seems to float in and out of games. He'll have those amazing moments of grace and skill that everyone gushes over, but seems to have very little actual impact on games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do, but for instance someone like Kante who is playing quite deep is having a very impressive tournament. I'm not marking Pogba down just because he doesn't have X number of assists and goals.

I just don't think he's set the tournament alight like I thought he might, and he's playing in a very similar way to at United where he seems to float in and out of games. He'll have those amazing moments of grace and skill that everyone gushes over, but seems to have very little actual impact on games.
Your opinion is very much in the minority.

Reckon he is injured.

Alli most likely too.
He hasn't looked as sharp ever since he came back from that knee complaint in the last international break.
Had a lot more poor games than good ones.

I guess the highlights packages don't often show a player's bad moments though..
I've watched plenty of France games this tournament, so not sure why the sly jab was used there.

Pogba has been very good, as echoed by others on here. To suggest he has been poor is downright idiotic.

I've watched plenty of France games this tournament, so not sure why the sly jab was used there.

Pogba has been very good, as echoed by others on here. To suggest he has been poor is downright idiotic.

Wasn't a jab, genuinely just assumed you didn't watch many matches as you've openly admitted during the PL season. Sorry if you took that as a shot, might suggest something about your mindset.

It's not idiotic, and it's been covered, so please leave the personal insults out.

Wasn't a jab, genuinely just assumed you didn't watch many matches as you've openly admitted during the PL season. Sorry if you took that as a shot, might suggest something about your mindset.

It's not idiotic, and it's been covered, so please leave the personal insults out.
Probably shouldn't assume things. How else was I meant to take it? As a compliment? Come on mate. Turn it up.

lol, don't try and play the victim here. You're the one who has made an absolutely ludicrous suggestion. And your condescending comments towards Bojan/United supporters definitely wasn't unnoticed.

And sorry for logging on and reading about a topic I had previously commented on to further comment on.

Last edited:
Probably shouldn't assume things. How else was I meant to take it? As a compliment? Come on mate. Turn it up.

lol, don't try and play the victim here. You're the one who has made an absolutely ludicrous suggestion. And your condescending comments towards Bojan/United supporters definitely wasn't unnoticed.

And sorry for logging on and reading about a topic I had previously commented on to further comment on.

You could just take it as an observation.

I made a ludicrous suggestion because I said I thought Pogba had a bad tournament? If you can't handle me commenting on a player that has nothing to do with you then perhaps posting on a forum isn't for you.

Er, you mean those United fans who took the first jab in the form of United Warrior and then continued it from Bojan when I had at that stage said nothing about them? Yeah continue re-writing history all you want.

You seem a bit of an angry ant lately, hope all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back