The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typing “rent boy” into the search function will expose a lot of the homophobes on BigFooty :)

Nice move by the club, bit ironic we are ban a fan for a homophobic chant and yet still cop them towards us most games.
Can only control entry into your own ground really. I think football is still behind the times regarding homosexuality but I’d like to think it’s progressing in the right direction at least.

I dint think there will ever be a time when young straight males won’t question and mock other young straight males about sexual orientation.

I dint think there will ever be a time when young straight males won’t question and mock other young straight males about sexual orientation.
Off topic but I think it's changed a heap.

My kids go to school with a boy who wants to be a girl. At my son's holy communion this kid turns up in a dress.

Me and the Mrs were talking about it later that day and my daughter overheard.

They couldn't have been less bothered, and you see this kid at school (now wearing girls uniform) talking and playing with other kids with no problem at all.

It's only primary school and I'm sure there will be tougher times ahead, but in my day it would have been brutal.

Kids are much more tolerant of differences nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic but I think it's changed a heap.

My kids go to school with a boy who wants to be a girl. At my son's holy communion this kid turns up in a dress.

Me and the Mrs were talking about it later that day and my daughter overheard.

They couldn't have been less bothered, and you see this kid at school (now wearing girls uniform) talking and playing with other kids with no problem at all.

It's only primary school and I'm sure there will be tougher times ahead, but in my day it would have been brutal.

Kids are much more tolerant of differences nowadays.
Young kids have always been tolerant to be fair, they don’t see any fundamental differences at a young age. It’s when they get to about 11/12 when attitudes change. I do agree though that by and large today’s kids have been far more conditioned to accept differences. I just can’t imagine the scale of abuse a kid would have got turning up to school in a dress back in my day

Some football fans are really simple and just need to be reminded that certain terms are unacceptable. “Rent boy” is definitely one that gets thrown around quite loosely.

I dont get how its antisemitism if other teams say it but fine if Spurs fans(non jews) say it. I think this article is more about real actual yids not wanting the team used by people who arent even jewish.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t get it. The police and public prosecutors get it, and that’s what matters.

Intent is important. The use of these terms among home fans began as a point of ownership, in an attempt at removing the pejorative nature of the use of the word by taking pride it what others used to mock or maim. Now it’s far more uncivilised, as the problems tend to begin with far worse actions such as chanting about the holocaust, gassing Jews or hissing.

Could never understand why fans would make those hissing/gassing noises. Same with the “come fly with me” and Hillsborough related goading, it is utterly moronic. I’m sure there’s many more examples.

Mocking the death of people in the name of a football game. Stupidity at its lowest point.

Could never understand why fans would make those hissing/gassing noises. Same with the “come fly with me” and Hillsborough related goading, it is utterly moronic. I’m sure there’s many more examples.

Mocking the death of people in the name of a football game. Stupidity at its lowest point.
for all the good that sport does/brings to people, it can also bring out the absolute worst in others.

I dont get how its antisemitism if other teams say it but fine if Spurs fans(non jews) say it. I think this article is more about real actual yids not wanting the team used by people who arent even jewish.
For the record Ajax have the same problem as they call themselves 'Joden' or in some cases the super Jews.
Small pockets of Jewish groups in Holland dislike it but the reception is mostly positive.

For the record Ajax have the same problem as they call themselves 'Joden' or in some cases the super Jews.
Small pockets of Jewish groups in Holland dislike it but the reception is mostly positive.
Apparently Feyenoord supporters are pretty nasty towards Ajax with hissing/gassing noises and s**t too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back