Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
This will probably be controversial but I think Hazard is overrated.

A superstar on his day no doubt, easily one of the best in the world, but i just find him too inconsistent to include amongst the absolute superstars of the game, don't see how he is in that team.

Bielsa sent spies to Derby's training session. He admitted to it to both Lampard, and in public.

Very unethical and immoral, but not really against the laws of the game (as far as I know).

I can see why Lampard is angry about it. Interesting to see where this goes.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Is rent boy homophobic? It’s a slang term for a working man. Its just calling out who their top hooligan was caught in bed with?

If using the slang term is what makes it a hate crime is the PC chant gay prostitute?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It’s not like all other clubs don’t have gay supporters. Calling out that their hard man hired a rent boy is no more than banter. Just like all clubs have Jewish supporters which is why I don’t find the term yid offensive. But joking about gassing is not on at all, just as it wouldn’t be on for a club to chant or joke about gay bashing’s at Chelsea game.

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Thought Frank addressed it pretty well.

I'm personally pretty anti-it. A lot of the fun of watching the great managers like Pep and Klopp is the tactics they use, and when a manager pulls a surprise on match day that works to perfection that's a big draw card of what sport can offer.

If we allow teams to spy on each other we risk losing the potential for these kind of moments.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
JD surely you’re having a lend here lol. When people use it as a derogatory gay insult then it’s clearly homophobic. It may just be “banter” but it has homophobic undertones and intent. If he was caught sleeping with a female prostitute, would anyone give him s**t?

Is rent boy homophobic? It’s a slang term for a working man. Its just calling out who their top hooligan was caught in bed with?

If using the slang term is what makes it a hate crime is the PC chant gay prostitute?

Huh?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thought Frank addressed it pretty well.

I'm personally pretty anti-it. A lot of the fun of watching the great managers like Pep and Klopp is the tactics they use, and when a manager pulls a surprise on match day that works to perfection that's a big draw card of what sport can offer.

If we allow teams to spy on each other we risk losing the potential for these kind of moments.
It's fair game, he hasn't really cheated.

Close your training sessions and it won't happen.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ing-dire-consequences-young-men-bet-new-study

Very relevant to AFL too, with the flood of advertising around gambling. Making it so easy and attractive for people to unfortunately get in over their heads.

Read that the other day, very sobering reading.

I gamble a fair bit but am - I would say - incredibly responsible about it. I keep a spreadsheet tracking my net spend, have a limit I'm willing to go to in a particular month of deposits and stop if I hit it. But a lot of people just throw good money after bad.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
JD surely you’re having a lend here lol. When people use it as a derogatory gay insult then it’s clearly homophobic. It may just be “banter” but it has homophobic undertones and intent. If he was caught sleeping with a female prostitute, would anyone give him s**t?
Its slang and not dereogatory. Don’t see it any different to calling the poms soap dodgers. Nobody gives a s**t if fan is gay it was a funny story because the hard man of their firm got caught with a rent boy

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Its slang and not dereogatory
It can be both slang and derogatory mate.
Don’t see it any different to calling the poms soap dodgers.
Except they are different. One is a homophobic slur and one isn’t.
Nobody gives a s**t if fan is gay
They do though. That’s what they’re taking the piss out of - him being gay.
it was a funny story because the hard man of their firm got caught with a rent boy
It’s “funny” to people who see being gay as humorous.
From what I was told it’s like calling a female prostitute a whore. Does whore cross the line too?
You’re better than this lol.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
From what I was told it’s like calling a female prostitute a whore. Does whore cross the line too?
If you were calling a gay prostitute a rent boy then its slang and derogatory, if you are calling someone whos isnt a gay prostitute a rent boy then its just derogatory.

Its that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back