The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From a discussion on the Spurs thread which central midfield group is strongest Spurs, Chelsea or Wolves?

For me it is
1. Wolves
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs

Last edited:
From a discussion on the Spurs thread which midfield is strongest Spurs, Chelsea or Wolves?

For me it is
1. Wolves
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
One of these is not like the others.

Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Wanyama & Skipp
Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Kovacic & RLC
Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker & Saïss

Chelsea in terms of quality would be #1 but the fact that Sarri won't use their world class mid in his preferred role drags them behind Wolves who are using Moutinho & Neves perfectly. Wolves on paper are 1 body short but neither Spurs or Chelsea use their 5th mid

Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Wanyama & Skipp
Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Kovacic & RLC
Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker & Saïss

Chelsea in terms of quality would be #1 but the fact that Sarri won't use their world class mid in his preferred role drags them behind Wolves who are using Moutinho & Neves perfectly. Wolves on paper are 1 body short but neither Spurs or Chelsea use their 5th mid
So are you judging them on their personnel or their tactics?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of both. Who has the best midfield with their current managers.

Doesn't really sway things a great deal just whether Wolves is 1 and Chelsea 2
Why not throw Bournemouth in then lol.

Why not throw Bournemouth in then lol.
Because they're nowhere near as good. Neves & Moutinho are top 6 standard. Dendoncker has the potential to become one. Lerma & Cook the only two Bournemouth mids worthy of discussion and I'd take them both at Spurs but don't think they are anywhere near the Wolves main two.

Bourenmouth is stronger in the AM/W than they are in midfield with Fraser and Brooks.

Have cleared up the original post which I thought was clear about it being central midfield groups. With formations altering how the AM/W groups are used it's not as easy to do comparisons between clubs some. But all clubs operate with 2-3 in CM and whilst the shape in front of them changes the CMs I feel like you can compare against each other easily.

From a discussion on the Spurs thread which central midfield group is strongest Spurs, Chelsea or Wolves?

For me it is
1. Wolves
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
Chelsea have the best midfielder (Kante) but I think Spurs have the best midfield group.

Are you including Dele, Eriksen and Son in our group?

Or you think the Sissoko-Winks-Dier trio is the best central midfield group?
Not including Son, Eriksen I think you could include. Dele might be pushing it.

Jorginho and Kovacic might be bigger names but I feel Sissoko and Winks have provided more substance in their performances.

Not including Son, Eriksen I think you could include. Dele might be pushing it.

Jorginho and Kovacic might be bigger names but I feel Sissoko and Winks have provided more substance in their performances.
Sissoko and Winks have been very good for us this season but feel like they've been playing to their max & have been overplayed because of how big the drop off from them to the next options are. Winks now injured which isn't ideal and Sissoko looks gassed. So I agree individually they've been very good we've got a bigger over reliance on them than and are now paying the price.

Wolves obviously also have an over reliance on their main guys but don't have midweek European football to contend with this season which helps. Next season that midfield group would be tested but I'm sure they'll add another 1-2 to that group or promote through an academy player like Gibbs-White a bit more

Sissoko and Winks have been very good for us this season but feel like they've been playing to their max & have been overplayed because of how big the drop off from them to the next options are. Winks now injured which isn't ideal and Sissoko looks gassed. So I agree individually they've been very good we've got a bigger over reliance on them than and are now paying the price.

Wolves obviously also have an over reliance on their main guys but don't have midweek European football to contend with this season which helps. Next season that midfield group would be tested but I'm sure they'll add another 1-2 to that group or promote through an academy player like Gibbs-White a bit more
I'd like to see how Wolves would go in the Europa League.

Because they're nowhere near as good. Neves & Moutinho are top 6 standard. Dendoncker has the potential to become one. Lerma & Cook the only two Bournemouth mids worthy of discussion and I'd take them both at Spurs but don't think they are anywhere near the Wolves main two.

Bourenmouth is stronger in the AM/W than they are in midfield with Fraser and Brooks.

Have cleared up the original post which I thought was clear about it being central midfield groups. With formations altering how the AM/W groups are used it's not as easy to do comparisons between clubs some. But all clubs operate with 2-3 in CM and whilst the shape in front of them changes the CMs I feel like you can compare against each other easily.
Lol OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back