Status
Not open for further replies.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Talk that Cardiff are going to try and declare the transfer agreement for Sala null & void. Not sure how they can do that if the transfer cleared FIFA's transfer management system.

They were always going to do that I reckon. They were just waiting a bit to announce out of respect and sensitivity. I don’t think they have a case to be fair.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wouldn't have a problem given the circumstances if the fee was paid by the fa or all clubs chipped in a bit.

But ultimately it should be paid.
I was thinking that, the premier league could surely afford it. It’s not really setting a precedent as you would expect and sincerely hope nothing like this would ever happen again, so it would be a nice gesture. Nantes certainly are due their money that’s the bottom line for me

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Still a ways to go before reaching these levels of shitness.

images

images

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
i would be surprised if there was any outcome before they determined all the stuff to do with the aircraft, who owned it, was it in flying condition, who organised the flights, etc. there seems to be a lot of finger pointing, but few answers

Does that matter? He was a Cardiff player by then. Salas agent organised the transport. No different to if a friend of Salas agent gave him a lift from London to Cardiff and he died in a car crash.

If Cardiff didnt insure their asset the second the transfer cleared FIFA's system then that's surely their problem. Not Nantes' problem.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Does that matter? He was a Cardiff player by then. Salas agent organised the transport. No different to if a friend of Salas agent gave him a lift from London to Cardiff and he died in a car crash.

If Cardiff didnt insure their asset the second the transfer cleared FIFA's system then that's surely their problem. Not Nantes' problem.
i think it does in the sense that cardiff shouldnt have to pay all the fee when there were others potentially at fault and not following the law concerning safety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
i think it does in the sense that cardiff shouldnt have to pay all the fee when there were others potentially at fault and not following the law concerning safety.

What does that have to do with Cardiff's obligation to Nantes? What laws concerning safety? Sala was a Cardiff player when he boarded the plane. The flight was organised by his agent. Cant not pay because of that. Maybe they didn't insure him and that's the real reason they are trying to not pay.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Isn't that a Hawthorn pre-season jumper?

1994 World Cup, classic tournament. Great matches, ugly as * tops and Maradona drug cheating against ******* Greece and destroying his International career. The tournament in which Bulgaria made the Semi Final and today, 25 years later, they’re drawing against Kosovo. Great stuff.

That 1st half of the Semi Final between Italy and Bulgaria was one of the greatest halves of football I have ever watched. Roberto Baggio was on fire.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
What does that have to do with Cardiff's obligation to Nantes? What laws concerning safety? Sala was a Cardiff player when he boarded the plane. The flight was organised by his agent. Cant not pay because of that. Maybe they didn't insure him and that's the real reason they are trying to not pay.
Would love to see your reasoning and what you'd say if Liverpool was in this circumstance

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Would love to see your reasoning and what you'd say if Liverpool was in this circumstance

It would be exactly the same and I would hope that the club does not try and drag it out. I would expect that any club would insure their players the second the contracts were lodged with FIFA and the transfer goes through FIFA's transfer management system.

From that moment onwards the player becomes the sole responsibility of his new club.

Any of the issues that Cardiff have raised are nothing to do with his former club. You of all people should know more about insurance for these situations.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
cardiff are going to try to argue that the contract hadnt been signed off by the premier league, but nantes say that fifa approved the transfer. cardiff also say they were in the process of organising commercial flights but were rejected, and cardiff didnt know the details about the flight plan he ended up taking.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
They should just go halfies and put an end to this unfortunate event. Cardiff celebrated like he was one of theirs so no way should be paying zilch.

Still a ways to go before reaching these levels of shitness.

images

images
Wow there was one real lazy bastard in Melbourne in the 90s.
To copy someone else is a faux pas. To copy a s**t design is bloody hilarious.

1AA.jpg

So this new champions League format getting a bit of coverage again. ECA conference has apparently confirmed that's the way they want to go.

16 founding clubs automatically qualify plus 16 invited clubs, presumably on merit.

Limited promotion/relegation to/from the founding member group although Barca and Real are exempt from relegation.

€900m TV money, games to be played on weekends with league games moved to midweek.

Sounds awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back