Status
Not open for further replies.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If a player is getting personally abused by the crowd and then provokes them after he scores he will get booked and widely condemned for it, I think that’s the point here. Pretty sure Bonucci or anyone believes racial abuse is unacceptable in a football stadium or anywhere else for that matter

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
If a player is getting personally abused by the crowd and then provokes them after he scores he will get booked and widely condemned for it, I think that’s the point here. Pretty sure Bonucci or anyone believes racial abuse is unacceptable in a football stadium or anywhere else for that matter
Exactly my point.

If a player is being racially vilified then that is unacceptable and unprovoked in every instance. Celebrating wildly to prove a point can draw abuse, but as long as it's the same abuse any other player would receive, there's no issue. Nothing that he did forced the fans to racially abuse him and it's moronic to suggest otherwise.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If a player is being racially vilified then that is unacceptable and unprovoked in every instance. Celebrating wildly to prove a point can draw abuse, but as long as it's the same abuse any other player would receive, there's no issue. Nothing that he did forced the fans to racially abuse him and it's moronic to suggest otherwise.
You’ve just completely agreed with both me and Bradesmaen, so who’s being moronic?

You’ve just completely agreed with both me and Bradesmaen, so who’s being moronic?

I was addressing Bonucci who has now walked back on his comments.

If you both agree he was an idiot and Kean was in no way at fault then that's good to hear.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was addressing Bonucci who has now walked back on his comments.

If you both agree he was an idiot and Kean was in no way at fault then that's good to hear.
No you were saying that there’s no excuse for racially targeting someone, which is obviously what both I and bradesmaen said. Of course Bonucci has had to backtrack on his comments. Even though he said there is no room for racism that didn’t stop the Twitterrati laying into him. Only one thought allowed remember - no grey areas also, everything gotta be black and white

No you were saying that there’s no excuse for racially targeting someone, which is obviously what both I and bradesmaen said. Of course Bonucci has had to backtrack on his comments. Even though he said there is no room for racism that didn’t stop the Twitterrati laying into him. Only one thought allowed remember - no grey areas also, everything gotta be black and white

You now seem to be arguing with me. Perhaps send me a pm to clarify why that isn't moronic.

So white Zimbabwean farmers living under oppression during Mugabe's dictatorship were not allowed to protest against the racism they suffered?

Had a suspicion for a while with your garbage about sterling, but cheers for confirming.

Maybe retaliate was a poor choice of word, but him celebrating in front of them hardly helped the situation is what I am saying.

Sorry but this is absolutely moronic and feeds into the same commentary about Bonucci.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sorry but this is absolutely moronic and feeds into the same commentary about Bonucci.
No it doesn't. If this was about faith instead it'd be fine, but because it's race it is blown way out of proportion. Look at the Scott Brown comments for example. Same old same old in politics where the far left virtue signallers shout down people rather than helping solve the original problems. Cagliari should be forced to play the rest of the season behind closed doors, the racist supporters banned and a massive fine. Kean should be counselled. There are plenty of black players who have been racially vilified in football but have chosen to let their footballing speak for themselves and fight the good fight off the pitch.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I get what some are saying that he may have provoked the crowd which is a bit of a flog thing to do in soccer as your just asking for trouble but he probably has done that because of the racist abuse he was copping from them in the first place, that sort of s**t is not on in any circumstances and really serie a should be singling out these guys and gals and be handing out life bans to all of them

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Why is the onus on the victim not to behave in a way that will inflame or exacerbate the situation? He didn’t choose to be in that situation.

He’s there in his workplace being racially abused, why does he all of a sudden have to be the “bigger man” and not provoke things further?

Good on Kean for scoring and then letting them know about it. * the racist campaigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back