The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
84d9b821905024fcd5481c05c2284b71.jpg

Last edited:

Manchester City could face a Uefa ban from Champions League for a season
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48265079

What are the ramifications if this happens? Do Arsenal get their spot? What’s the likely impact on City, would Pep stick around? Would certainly make it a lot harder for Liverpool to win the league if City aren’t in the CL next season and the squad and manager stay put.

Manchester City could face a Uefa ban from Champions League for a season
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48265079

What are the ramifications if this happens? Do Arsenal get their spot? What’s the likely impact on City, would Pep stick around? Would certainly make it a lot harder for Liverpool to win the league if City aren’t in the CL next season and the squad and manager stay put.
Yes.

Article 4.08 reads "a club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by the next best-placed club in the top domestic championship of the same association".

and if they also won the the EL then United would get a place also.

I did see that in the prem era(or maybe im wrong) only 3 teams have lead the table at Christmas and not won the Title. They are all Liverpool.
Think I read somewhere that all Sir Alex's titles were won with no more than 92 points I think.
Incredible that it was bettered by 5 points and netted SFA.

it would be nice to see the powers that be do something about bolton having to set up food banks for unpaid workers. but im sure that falls under fit and proper. spending bad, destroying clubs good.

Bolton have a 12 point deduction so yes they have been punished.

Spending outside FFP guidrlines is bad. Deliberately trying fo circumvent the system by funding sponsorship deals via the back door is cheating, plain and simple. Bizarre that City fans continually defend it.

Bolton have a 12 point deduction so yes they have been punished.

Spending outside FFP guidrlines is bad. Deliberately trying fo circumvent the system by funding sponsorship deals via the back door is cheating, plain and simple. Bizarre that City fans continually defend it.
i dont want them to be punished. they should be helped, you know, like ffp was going to do. no more clubs going broke. who gives a * about guidelines and rules, it's negatively affecting everyday people.

my post has nothing to do with city, but of course, like a dog to a bone, along you come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I read somewhere that all Sir Alex's titles were won with no more than 92 points I think.
Incredible that it was bettered by 5 points and netted SFA.
Back in the 90’s it was the norm to win the league with 70 odd points. Times have massively changed. United won the treble with David May and Ronny Johnsen as their central defenders. That United team doesn’t make top four now imo

Manchester City FC is fully cooperating in good faith with the CFCB IC’s ongoing investigation. In doing so the club is reliant on both the CFCB IC’s independence and commitment to due process; and on Uefa’s commitment of the 7th of March that it … will make no further comment on the matter while the investigation is ongoing.

“The New York Times report citing ‘people familiar with the case’ is therefore extremely concerning. The implications are that either Manchester City’s good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the Club’s reputation and its commercial interests. Or both.

“Manchester City’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC.”

Manchester City players filmed mocking Liverpool with vile song
https://mol.im/a/7028571

I’ve heard this song defended because apparently it’s about all the other fans who were “battered in the streets”, but specifically excluding Sean Cox ending up in a coma with multiple permanent disabilities, conveniently. Just like “always the victims” is about everything else, but specifically excludes Hillsborough, conveniently.

Not to mention, singing and laughing about a fellow professional getting injured and missing the most important game of his career, seriously?

In poor taste if nothing else, I’d be pretty unimpressed with our players if they were singing songs like this about other clubs and their fans. How about focusing on your amazing team and how privileged you are to hold that trophy.

Money cant buy class. Or a Champions League trophy. The first thing you sing abiut after you win a trophy is a Liverpool fan being battered and put in a coma? Surely you just want to celebrate the moment with your teammates. Wonder who leaked it from City?

Not surprising that City fans are already defending it. Just look at their response to the club cheating FFP.

I’ve heard this song defended because apparently it’s about all the other fans who were “battered in the streets”, but specifically excluding Sean Cox ending up in a coma with multiple permanent disabilities, conveniently. Just like “always the victims” is about everything else, but specifically excludes Hillsborough, conveniently.

Not to mention, singing and laughing about a fellow professional getting injured and missing the most important game of his career, seriously?

In poor taste if nothing else, I’d be pretty unimpressed with our players if they were singing songs like this about other clubs and their fans. How about focusing on your amazing team and how privileged you are to hold that trophy.
Yeah not good, not good at all. Expect it from some fans but players and staff is not on. Shame because from the managers at least there seemed to be a lot of mutual respect. Surprised to see Kompany was one who was involved, always thought he’d be way above such things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back