The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It appears so. Bad luck mate. ;)

What would you like to have happened?

Fines? Bans? Expulsion from the league?

You’re being daft mate. No-one expected anything like that, just a skerrick of contrition from the club for the disrespect shown (intentionally or not), we’ll sing different songs (or even change the lyrics as you’ve suggested), and we move on.

Instead, City have doubled down and indicated they see no problem with making light of fellow professionals getting injured and fans getting assaulted, so long as Sean Cox isn’t explicitly name checked. That kind of callousness is distasteful in the terraces, let alone among paid employees of a PL club.

City have shown uncharacteristically poor judgement on both counts. It’s a shame as it’s detracting from a time when the football world should be celebrating your club and it’s achievements.

Pretty poor from Moomba. Essentially gloating in the face of people upset about the intent of a chant.

Sometimes you just have to apologize if something has been said that upsets people even if you don't understand why. Or at the least don't gloat about it and mock people who find it offensive..

Pretty poor from Moomba. Essentially gloating in the face of people upset about the intent of a chant.

Sometimes you just have to apologize if something has been said that upsets people even if you don't understand why. Or at the least don't gloat about it and mock people who find it offensive..
You’d think City fans would be a bit more humble, but they seem anything but. They’ve turned out even more unbearable than their more illustrious city neighbours. I always thought that if you were a manc and you chose to follow City then by nature you were going to be a more humble kind of person. Moomba has well and truly debunked that theory

Just come out and admit you’re a City supporter mate. It’s so obvious
Well no, I'm not really following this debate intensely, all I see is the same people saying stuff to each other in different ways.

If you're going to play the man, at least do a good job at it. I'll call a spade a spade, but I don't really give a rats about this right now. But three or four days of it has become tiresome to say the least.

Well no, I'm not really following this debate intensely, all I see is the same people saying stuff to each other in different ways.

If you're going to play the man, at least do a good job at it. I'll call a spade a spade, but I don't really give a rats about this right now. But three or four days of it has become tiresome to say the least.
Three or four days of what? If you don't know what's being discussed why are you making blanket statements?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole song thing.

Didn’t the song thing just emerge 24 hours ago? Of course it’s going to be discussed given the s**t nature of its content.

Just because it’s about Kiev doesn’t make it any better, that’s a deflection. Not an excuse.

Anyway, I initially thought why are they even singing about Liverpool. You’d think a team that just went back to back in the league would have generated enough material to sing about, without needing to resort to battered fans, victims, injured players etc.

The whole song thing.

The whole song thing that has only become an issue in the last day has been discussed for the last 3 or 4 days? City hadn't even won the title 4 days ago.

You’re being daft mate. No-one expected anything like that, just a skerrick of contrition from the club for the disrespect shown (intentionally or not), we’ll sing different songs (or even change the lyrics as you’ve suggested), and we move on.

Instead, City have doubled down and indicated they see no problem with making light of fellow professionals getting injured and fans getting assaulted, so long as Sean Cox isn’t explicitly name checked. That kind of callousness is distasteful in the terraces, let alone among paid employees of a PL club.

City have shown uncharacteristically poor judgement on both counts. It’s a shame as it’s detracting from a time when the football world should be celebrating your club and it’s achievements.

haha yeah, that would be happening instead. everyone loved us before.

Apologise even though I don't like the song and I don't sing it.

OK. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back