The on topic thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of our owners everyone was convinced it was a club thing, but the EFL has apologized about it.

Some of the responses to the Twitter thread are hilarious though. "Thanks mate made a mint, not so good second half though"

Not sure if it’s been spoken about elsewhere on here, but only found out today what’s been happening with the Ozil/Kolasinac situation.

That s**t is crazy & quite scary, especially if these “gangsters” are turning up to their homes & threatening players & their families as well.

Not sure if it’s been spoken about elsewhere on here, but only found out today what’s been happening with the Ozil/Kolasinac situation.

That s**t is crazy & quite scary, especially if these “gangsters” are turning up to their homes & threatening players & their families as well.
I've only seen/heard about the car jacking attempt a few weeks ago with Kolasinac saving them. They turned up to their houses too? wtf!

I've only seen/heard about the car jacking attempt a few weeks ago with Kolasinac saving them. They turned up to their houses too? wtf!

Yeah I seen the video where he chased them away, seen they weren’t involved in the first game due to the incident but wasn’t sure why.

Apparently they got 24hr security, a couple of people got into an altercation with the security outside Ozil’s mansion. Apparently Kolasinac’s mrs is living in Germany whilst this is all going on due to safety concerns

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Apparently the Ozil thing has escalated to a borderline gang war, where rival gangs have been offering them protection from those who are threatening them.

It's hard not to speculate a little on why it might be happening, and easy to jump to conclusions about potential links between the players and the antagonists. To take the extremely cynical view, you have to wonder if there's anything more to them being targeted.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
All this time, I thought it was just a random attempted car jacking type thing. But seems it was deliberate targeting them (both happened to be in the same car at the same time as well).

Seems it’s escalating rather rapidly.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
8EA622E2-918D-4C86-B8DB-B578AA7C0FC4.jpeg

84DBCC14-20D1-4AAD-9510-85938BA263B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Haha. In Melbourne there is a league called the Victorian Churches Soccer Assocition. They used to be ridiculousy strick on cursing and any swearing which resulted in a straight red card being a Christianity based association.

A mate of mine had his ankle broken by a shocker of a challenge. Yelled out "ahhhhh *" in pain, the referee brandished a red card to the player who made the tackle and also a red card to him for swearing!

Apparently that's not the case these days any longer!

Messi, Ronaldo and van Dijk shortlisted for UEFA Men's Player of the Year!

Should be van Dijk by a mile IMO.
If a defender like him can't win it this year, or at least come 2nd minimum, then they need to weigh more importance in defenders/keepers outputs in future years.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
If a defender like him can't win it this year, or at least come 2nd minimum, then they need to weigh more importance in defenders/keepers outputs in future years.
Come on Ronaldo! Shame a defender with such flaws would win it when better defenders haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back