The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yAjn4Tb.jpg

X 2 :oops:
Matip looks like Obama.

I obviously don't think VVD is the best CB in prem history (Assess that later), but interesting comments from Kompany here.

In an all time EPL XI, the CB spots are the hardest to pick IMO.

Yeah but it will never really catch on. Just my honest opinion. We are stuck with it though, and the bbc will always make it out to be a significant thing
That's very sad.

He forgot about Modric and a lot of others from that region.
He is the only real miss for me in terms of truly world class players that have come out of Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Romania, Moldova, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro & Macedonia in the past 5 years?

In an all time EPL XI, the CB spots are the hardest to pick IMO.
Vidic, Terry, Rio, Desailly, Campbell, Stam, Kompany, VVD, Pallister & Adams

For me Stam was probably the best and most imposing but he did only spend 3 or 4 years in the premier league
VVD has had the best season of any CB on the list imo
Desailly was a beast but as good as he was in the PL his best years were past him
Vidic was a monster except for when he played against Torres, then he would just go to water
Pallister and Adams were great especially Pallister but without looking up his career I think alot of his time would have been in the old first division

You would probably have to give the two CB spots in an all time best XI to Ferdinand and Terry for their longevity if anything else.

Last edited:
Vidic, Terry, Rio, Desailly, Campbell, Stam, Kompany, Adams, VVD, Pallister & Adams

For me Stam was probably the best and most imposing but he did only spend 3 or 4 years in the premier league
VVD has had the best season of any CB on the list imo
Desailly was a beast but as good as he was in the PL his best years were past him
Vidic was a monster except for when he played against Torres, then he would just go to water
Pallister and Adams were great especially Pallister but without looking up his career I think alot of his time would have been in the old first division

You would probably have to give the two CB spots in an all time best XI to Ferdinand and Terry for their longevity if anything else.
Is Tony Adams listed twice here by accident or has another Adams slipped my mind?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheffield United are ****ed.

Earlier in the day, their chairman Ken McCabe lost a battle in court with Prince Abdullah from Saudi Arabia over ownership of the Blades. The Prince has somehow managed to garner full control over the club as of today. McCabe is out, a board member has already stood down and it's believed Chris Wilder will probably go too. This won't end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back