The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite right too. Note for those who were having a pop at me for being a snowflake Elliot was banned for using terms that “mocked disabled people” which is what is at the heart of all the mocking involving Kane.

Harvey Elliott: Liverpool winger suspended for 14 days over Harry Kane video
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50018966

Don’t have a problem with the Elliott suspension. It is clear what he was doing. Question I asked at the time - not sure it was answered as it was deleted soon after for some reason - was in relation to that Liverpool impersonator...did he make jokes that alluded that Kane was disabled, or just mimic his speech/voice? Because people have been impersonating people for years with “funny” voices...like Mike Tyson, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen, Stevie G etc....it’s pretty much his career talent.

Don’t have a problem with the Elliott suspension. It is clear what he was doing. Question I asked at the time - not sure it was answered as it was deleted soon after for some reason - was in relation to that Liverpool impersonator...did he make jokes that alluded that Kane was disabled, or just mimic his speech/voice? Because people have been impersonating people for years with “funny” voices...like Mike Tyson, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen, Stevie G etc....it’s pretty much his career talent.
Well you have to ask yourself what it is that’s “funny” about Kane’s voice and you have your answer. It’s a cheap s**t played fir cheap laughs and the exact same reason why Elliot was mocking for.

Posts get dejected if a certain poster gets involved as he has a problem keeping things respectful. Anyway hope you get my response before it’s gone

Elliot was just a kid when he did the video. Hell he's just a kid now and everyone makes mistakes. He deleted the vid apologised for it and now he's copping his suspension. All good and we move on now.

Last edited:
Well you have to ask yourself what it is that’s “funny” about Kane’s voice and you have your answer. It’s a cheap s**t played fir cheap laughs and the exact same reason why Elliot was mocking for.

Posts get dejected if a certain poster gets involved as he has a problem keeping things respectful. Anyway hope you get my response before it’s gone

Mate, your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. Personally, I don’t see the difference between that and the 1,001 bad Trump impressions, “Woy” Hodgson, Richie Benaud “2 for 22s” or the ol’ Wenger “voyeur” stuff. As Jody says, we move on. :thumbsu:

Mate, your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. Personally, I don’t see the difference between that and the 1,001 bad Trump impressions, “Woy” Hodgson, Richie Benaud “2 for 22s” or the ol’ Wenger “voyeur” stuff. As Jody says, we move on. :thumbsu:
I’ve explained why it’s different, if you don’t get that then that’s fair enough

Elliot was just a kid when he did the video. He'll he's just a kid now and everyone makes mistakes. He deleted the vid apologised for it and now he's copping his suspension. All good and we move on now.
Shows his character though. Never trust a man with a hair bun

Imagine getting upset by someone being upset of someone doing an impression of Kane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would you be this upset if it wasnt about harry kane
I would like to think yes. It’s not a matter of being upset (it’s not exactly been keeping me up at night) it’s just pointing out how mocking *ation in the 21st century is no longer acceptable. I Won’t deny that it being Harry makes it more “personal” to me though, but as I said I’d like to think I would condemn it no matter who was targeted

Just watched Danny Mills pick his combined Liverpool/United team for the upcoming match. He picked Liverpool players for all 11 positions lol

Just watched Danny Mills pick his combined Liverpool/United team for the upcoming match. He picked Liverpool players for all 11 positions lol

Didn’t Tim Sherwood do the same with Spurs against Arsenal last year and then Arsenal won? Could be a jinx of sorts.

Didn’t Tim Sherwood do the same with Spurs against Arsenal last year and then Arsenal won? Could be a jinx of sorts.
Did he? I missed that one. That’s a tad embarrassing for him!

Cannot see United getting anything out of the game though. They are in such a mess

Did he? I missed that one. That’s a tad embarrassing for him!

Cannot see United getting anything out of the game though. They are in such a mess
This is where United will pull off some 2-0 win then be s**t for the next 5 weeks after it.

Thats how football works.

I reckon that combined Liverpool/Man United side would be 8-0-0 after 8 games if they were in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back