The on topic thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be happy not to appeal.

Was going to say, you'd almost hope you don't sign players. Not having big superstars has given guys like Mount and Tammy a chance to bed in. If you had multi-million pound strikers in the team, Tammy would be out on loan at Charlton by now.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Was going to say, you'd almost hope you don't sign players. Not having big superstars has given guys like Mount and Tammy a chance to bed in. If you had multi-million pound strikers in the team, Tammy would be out on loan at Charlton by now.

Yeah I'm glad we did have a ban when you see what Tammy, Mount and Tomori have produced. Even if it does get turned over I hope we wait until summer to buy again.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
LFC Ceo Peter Moore expresses concern over LGBT fans for club world cup tournament:

Club have also opted not to use a luxury hotel over human rights abuse concerns.

Good to see the club speaking out against middle eastern nations that engage in human rights abuse and discriminate against the lgbt community.

Wish the CWC was played in Tokyo between the winners of CONEMBOL ,& UEFA like it used to be. The rest of the tournament is such a waste of time.

Sooooo, how ******* good are those Foxes going?!

This is exactly what I'd hoped out of Rodgers. We've got teams while they're weak (Chelsea/United/Arsenal) but man we've been good to watch.

You new around here? What a glory hunter.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
There's too many clubs. In other countries full-time professionalism ends pretty quickly after second tier.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Sooooo, how ******* good are those Foxes going?!

This is exactly what I'd hoped out of Rodgers. We've got teams while they're weak (Chelsea/United/Arsenal) but man we've been good to watch.
Fair chance one of our teams will be second after this weekends games, who would have seen that coming .

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Can you expand on this
sure.

here is an excerpt which outlines the issue:

Q: Why should the Premier League give money to clubs in the Football League?
It’s an issue that clearly vexes Liverpool’s American owner John Henry. He was quoted in an interview with Associated Press as saying “it’s much more difficult to ask independent clubs to subsidise their competitors beyond a certain point”.
Henry clearly thinks that clubs in smaller towns and cities are an irrelevance and whether they survive or die is of little consequence for him. Point out the Liverpool signed the likes of Kevin Keegan from Scampaignerhorpe, Phil Neal from Northampton Town and Ian Rush from Chester and he would probably look confused (as after all soccer began in 1992).

Q: What are the agreed changes?
Under the rules which kick off in 2019/20, any INCREASE in overseas TV money will be split on a final league position. This means that the existing level of overseas cash will still be distributed evenly.
To stop the clubs at the top running streets ahead of the lower/midtable clubs, there is a cap such that the club who wins the Premier League cannot have more than 180% of the Premier League TV money than the side finishing bottom, under the present rules it works out at about 161%.

Q: Who will be the winner and losers then under the new rules and why did smaller clubs vote in favour?
Whoever came up with the new rules (and I have my suspicions who it may have been) has created a distribution method in which no one is worse off, as it is only the additional overseas money that is split on the new method. Everyone is therefore guaranteed their former income.
The teams who will lose out, as already mentioned, are those outside of the Premier League.
Under the old rules, if the Premier League generated an extra £100 million, £27 million of this would ‘leak’ out to the EFL clubs as follows:
A screenshot of a cell phone Description generated with very high confidence

The Premier League clubs would each therefore receive an extra £3.65 million whereas the likes of greedy clubs such as Grimsby, Barnet and Forest Green Rovers in League 2 would receive an extra…err…£32,000 each per season, enough to play the average wage of one Liverpool player for all of three days.
John Henry could claim that these lower league clubs have done nothing to deserve any extra money, and under the new rules, his wish has come true.
The Premier League will now keep £100 million out of each extra £100 million generated from overseas income.

Here is the kicker:
Conclusion

If you are a Premier League club owner things are looking great. There’s more money coming into your club from the Premier League and in addition UEFA have announced an extra £780 million of annual prize money each season too for clubs that qualify for the Champions League and Europa League.
This money won’t go to players, as under the Premier League’s Short Term Cost Control rules wages can only increase by £7 million a season plus any money generated by the clubs themselves through commercial and matchday income.
The money won’t go to the EFL either, so who does that leave as potential beneficiaries apart from club owners themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back