The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League and Premier League clubs subsidising another 72 is unrealistic.
Unrealistic to expect them to act for the good of the game. It should be forced on them imo.

What about top level clubs with big debts? Surely that should be paid off first.
Could be easy and pain free PR for prem clubs, they could all put £2m into a kitty to be either distributed evenly or to be used to bail out or pay for strategic advice for struggling clubs. £2m x 20 clubs = £40m per season divided by 72 clubs = £550k per year per club if distributed. That is massive for some clubs and is loose change to the big boys. The poor glazers will have to make do with a £48m dividend this year rather than £50m.

Current squad costs according to research by the CIES Football Observatory. (CNN)

1. Man City (€1.014b)
2. PSG (€913m)
3. Real Madrid (€902m)
4. Man United (€751m)
5. Juventus (€719m)
6. Barcelona (€697m)
7. Liverpool (€639m)
8. Chelsea (€561m)
9. Atletico Madrid (€550m)
10. Arsenal (€498m)

CIES is full of shite.
Not all the time. Interesting demographical study they put out in the top leagues of europe - less young players playing than 10 years ago. Would have thought that was the other way around (it tends to be in a lot more sports these days)

In a month full of great goals, how the * did this average outside the box strike that rolled over the line win? Take out the first goal emotion, it doesn’t leave much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way that hasn’t broken on any refutable news sites that I monitor

Edit
I’ve seen it on a news site now. Not sure what Sterling is playing at. He’s let himself down badly if true. Just given people a hell of a lot of ammunition to fire at him again

Last edited:
That Gomez seems like he’s got a lot of growing up to do

And Sterling? From the footage it looks like he went out of his way to stamp on Van Dijk’s foot towards the end of the game. Now reports that he grabbed Gomez by the throat during England training. While his opponents may have been getting inside his head, I get the sense he was incredibly frustrated with the result and his performance, and let his emotions get the better of him.

Edit: just seen your post above.

Last edited:
And Sterling? From the footage it looks like he went out of his way to stamp on Van Dijk’s foot towards the end of the game. Now reports that he grabbed Gomez by the throat during England training. While his opponents may have been getting inside his head, I get the sense he was incredibly frustrated with the result and his performance, and let his emotions get the better of him.

Edit: just seen your post above.
Yes my fault for buying into the narrative that Sterling is this great reformed character (if indeed there had ever been anything initially off about him). I assumed as he’s the senior England player Gomez would have had the common sense to defer to him in this instance once at camp, but appears Sterling just went at him from the off and has now been suspended from our next match. Lesson is don’t get your head swayed by narratives obviously formed by certain agendas

Not sure how Gomez get's an automatic gig into the national team. It's not like England doesn't have a surplus of CBs that are playing at a high level. They treat their team like Australia does, but we have a limited amount of high quality players to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back