Manchester United, Stevenage FC
IMG_20200106_141051.jpg

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The investigation into the alleged racist chanting at Spurs has been closed as no evidence could be found. Not good from Rudiger. I wonder what made him want to try and tarnish Chelsea’s most hated London rivals that way?

Met Police close case into alleged racist abuse suffered by Rudiger

https://mol.im/a/7857707

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finding no evidence contradicts his accusation does it not? Only Rudiger will know if it was done out of malicious intent or not I guess.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Second time he’s done this and it has been proven a baseless allegation chef so you do have to start wondering now. Our club is clearly owed an apology, if not from the player himself then certainly from the media and the like who all assumed us guilty from the start

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Second time he’s done this and it has been proven a baseless allegation chef so you do have to start wondering now. Our club is clearly owed an apology, if not from the player himself then certainly from the media and the like who all assumed us guilty from the start
He was either racially abused or misheard while copping some other sort of abuse and there i no evidence to corroborate or contradict the accusation.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Haha I read that article, utter horseshit. What about the reputation of clubs and fans when these accusations are proved to be false, are we just going to forget about them in the meantime? Load of social justice codswallop that article is

What about the reputation of clubs and fans when these accusations are proved to be false, are we just going to forget about them in the meantime?

I think Spurs statement was very good. Fully supporting Rudiger, but recognising that there was no evidence either way. They're not calling for apologies, and nor should they.

I don't think Spurs reputation has suffered too much, in any case I think the tribalism has got to be removed from the debate.

A Spurs fan racially abusing a player shouldn't reflect on Spurs or their supporters. It should reflect on the people involved. And it shouldnt be considered a Spurs problem, it's a football problem and a societal problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back