glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It comes from those Golliwog dolls that are now pretty much banned. Golliwogs were created by the author Enid Blyton in her Noddy books and are essentially dolls that look like blackface. Never understood why aussies adopted the term for slang about Asians.

We were made to read so many Enid Blyton books in primary school. Not sure if it was the norm at other schools, but growing up here it seemed that almost every teacher I had in primary school was a huge fan and her books were constantly being revered and mandatory reading.

Some classic books which I recall enjoying to read at the time. Learning more about her though as an adult, she certainly was an interesting character.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche

Nick G is also a massive Essendon and James Hird fanboy/if not rimmer, so it's no surprise at all that he acted in such a floggish way.
Yeah I remember the wog boy being a massive film at school. I come from an Italian background(hardly look wog though) so I’m used to the term and don’t take offence to it.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We burn money.
So Chelsea made a loss of £96m for 18/19 despite Abramovich putting £247m into the club according to the figures as reported by the BBC. How does that get get around FFP? Ridiculous that football clubs can operate like that there has to be at least a level of sustainability

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Over entitled footballers, what’s new. Alex Ferguson would never make it if he was just starting out in management now

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
This happened under his watch. Pretty much the whole squad needs to be overhauled.

Overhauling an entire squad isn't going to happen. First Carlo has to get the best out of what he has. Then make a few quality key signings and get rid of those who are a cancer at the club.

Arterta already has Ozil working much harder for example at Arsenal.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah gotta identify the problem players in the dressing room and simply sell them. Squad unity is huge. Look at what Klopp has done at Liverpool for the example.

Gotta have everyone pulling in the same direction.

I"m not sure it's such a bad thing. You want a few teacups thrown after a loss like that.

As long as it doesn't carry on I don't think it's a problem.

And at least it shows some are upset by what happened. I'd rather that than "oh well, what time is golf"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back