The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The state of some of those replies.

Was going to say it should be a lifetime ban by the club, pleased to see that it is.

Who the * celebrates a goal by abusing the scorer (racially or not)?

Last edited:
Alex Ferguson would never make it if he was just starting out in management now

I've often thought this when considering the lack of characters at the club these days. He absolutely got out at the right time.

I think there has been a very noticeable change in the attitude of the average player within the last decade or so as we're really starting to see the money explode. It's kind of crazy to think just how rapidly the situation has degenerated.

I've often thought this when considering the lack of characters at the club these days. He absolutely got out at the right time.

I think there has been a very noticeable change in the attitude of the average player within the last decade or so as we're really starting to see the money explode. It's kind of crazy to think just how rapidly the situation has degenerated.

No way hed be allowed 4 years or so to build a side these days at a big club. We will never see a SAF again at a big club.

It’s more the fact that Sir Alex ruled by fear a lot of the time (although I understand he was like a father figure at the same time). But all that “hair dryer” stuff, I don’t think you can do that with players these days, certainly not top ones. That’s why someone in the Ferguson mold probably wouldn’t succeed now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As painful as it is to say, Aguero did score with the last kick of the Premier League season to win a league title. No goal Kane has ever scored has been as important as that. Now just think of all the goals Aguero has scored to win all the silverware he has won over his career. Kane hasn’t won any silverware.

At the end of the day, winning titles and having your goals contribute to them is the most important thing. Darren Bent’s statement doesn’t quite did up.

Aguero scored the most important goal in City's history

I’d love to hear Bent clarifying what he means. Spurs are lacking in a key area, money. So it’s no fault of Harry that his goals haven’t contributed to silverware, so maybe Bent sees Kane’s goals as being just as important as Aguero’s because they have contributed to them always being in the top 6 and most years in the top 4, surrounded by financially superior clubs.

I knew you was going to post that on here when I saw it on twitter. Can’t be having someone who has broken PL records above old Sergio can we now
Couldn't care less who rates Kane higher. Just thought the important goals bit was funny.

Aguero has six 20+ goal seasons too, including the last five seasons in a row. One off the premier league record.

Not one like Bent claims.

I’d love to hear Bent clarifying what he means. Spurs are lacking in a key area, money. So it’s no fault of Harry that his goals haven’t contributed to silverware, so maybe Bent sees Kane’s goals as being just as important as Aguero’s because they have contributed to them always being in the top 6 and most years in the top 4, surrounded by financially superior clubs.
Important goals are all relative at the end of the day. Kane scores loads of match winning goals for us, which is probably what Bent was alluding to. Aguero usually fills his boots often in matches where city are already two or three up. That’s probably what bent was getting at

As painful as it is to say, Aguero did score with the last kick of the Premier League season to win a league title. No goal Kane has ever scored has been as important as that. Now just think of all the goals Aguero has scored to win all the silverware he has won over his career. Kane hasn’t won any silverware.

At the end of the day, winning titles and having your goals contribute to them is the most important thing. Darren Bent’s statement doesn’t quite did up.

Does Wales not qualifying for the world cup make Bale a worse player than the one who's scored decisive goals for Real in big finals? What you say doesn't add up. Aguero scoring goals leading to silverware and Kane not says nothing about these players individually. Do you think City wouldn't have won the league last season if they had Kane instead of Aguero?

Saying all that, no idea who's the better of the two. I'm leaning towards Aguero but that's just because of a personal preference towards that type of player.

Couldn't care less who rates Kane higher. Just thought the important goals bit was funny.

Aguero has six 20+ goal seasons too, including the last five seasons in a row. One off the premier league record.

Not one like Bent claims.
Kane would surely be having six in a row had injuries not done for him the last two seasons. It’s no stretch to say Kane is at least equal to Aguero, although I accept most will have Aguero ahead. It’s not a ridiculous statement though as you are trying to make out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back