The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has whatever UEFA done made any sense?

They hate English clubs and always look to make an example of them.

As someone said, if it was a Spanish club it would never have happened. Could you imagine them banning Barca or Real from the CL? Didn't think so.

I agree they don't like English clubs as much as continental ones.

Sorry your post just didn't make sense to me, UEFA banned them but UEFA want all the best players in the UCL so they'll over turn it?

I agree they don't like English clubs as much as continental ones.

Sorry your post just didn't make sense to me, UEFA banned them but UEFA want all the best players in the UCL so they'll over turn it?
Especially when it's not uefa who would hear the appeal..

It wasn't really reported much but CAS released details of our appeal against the initial referral a day or so ago.

Makes for some interesting reading, I'd say a fair bit will be revisited in our next appeal.

To me, a lot of it seemed a veiled threat by CAS to UEFA to make sure due process was being properly followed in reaching the next decision. But they did say that a flawed process wouldn't necessarily overturn a decision.

And to get off because UEFA leaks like a sieve would be a hollow win.

Any news on the hacking update? 20 point deduction? MI6 involved?
VAR ruled in Liverpool's favour. As I'm sure you're already aware.

I've placed a personal asterix next to any trophies you win in the next 5 years.

Thats quite some time to remain bitter Gaz.
I was wondering who Gaz was, then I remembered a few people obsessing over a random calling into talksport a few weeks ago. And mentioning it about a dozen times on here.

But thanks for reminding me. I'll listen to it one day.

When has whatever UEFA done made any sense?

They hate English clubs and always look to make an example of them.

As someone said, if it was a Spanish club it would never have happened. Could you imagine them banning Barca or Real from the CL? Didn't think so.

Whatever offences City are guilty of would result in a ban for any UEFA club. Two year bans aren't handed down lightly on a whim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap, that’s excellent news. The appeal is of course inevitable, City have to do what they can to retain whatever credibility/reputation remains.

Very interesting times ahead. 2 years out, that’s a long time to wait for fans to boo the CL anthem if the ban holds.

I may be interpreting it incorrectly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems City are arguing a technicality not that they didn't do it?

Thats what these guys are for.

1264812.gif

I may be interpreting it incorrectly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems City are arguing a technicality not that they didn't do it?
We've said that we've provided irrefutable evidence that we haven't committed an offence.

But the appeal to CAS at that stage was more procedural/technical.

For me, getting off on a technicality isn't really going to do a whole lot for us.

I'd be very surprised if they aren't in the CL next season. CAS won't like the that UEFA have played policeman, prosecutor and jury on this. Has to be some sort of independent body to come up with a punishment like this.

Not saying their won't be eventually but UEFA can't just do this on their own and if the charges stack up under a court of law then why not take it their in the first place and eliminate city's chance to get out of it? My cynical view is UEFA know it won't stick but the "good press" they get out of this story it's worth going with and then losing on appeal.

CAS won't like the that UEFA have played policeman, prosecutor and jury on this. Has to be some sort of independent body to come up with a punishment like this.

UEFA can't govern itself? If Manchester City get off or the punishment reduced, it won't be because of that odd theory.

UEFA can't govern itself? If Manchester City get off or the punishment reduced, it won't be because of that odd theory.
UEFA can have their own rulings sure. But do the rulings stack up in a court of law? If UEFA felt that they would they'd get an independent body involved to eliminate any chance city have of an appeal

I'd be very surprised if they aren't in the CL next season. CAS won't like the that UEFA have played policeman, prosecutor and jury on this. Has to be some sort of independent body to come up with a punishment like this.

Not saying their won't be eventually but UEFA can't just do this on their own and if the charges stack up under a court of law then why not take it their in the first place and eliminate city's chance to get out of it? My cynical view is UEFA know it won't stick but the "good press" they get out of this story it's worth going with and then losing on appeal.

UEFA have two different adjudictory chambers that are independent of the UEFA executive committee.
This isn't a court of law. Clubs also agree to the disciplanary process when they become UEFA members.

CAS generally do not reverse the findings of a UEFA decision, they usually only amend the penalty.

UEFA have two different adjudictory chambers that are independent of the UEFA executive committee.
This isn't a court of law. Clubs also agree to the disciplanary process when they become UEFA members.

CAS generally do not reverse the findings of a UEFA decision, they usually only amend the penalty.
The penalty is all that I'm questioning will stick. Doubt there'll be a CL ban imposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back