Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
UEFA can have their own rulings sure. But do the rulings stack up in a court of law? If UEFA felt that they would they'd get an independent body involved to eliminate any chance city have of an appeal

Be surprising if they didn't. A monolith like UEFA would make a point of following law.

Manchester City might do the stupid Essendon thing of throwing 'we don't trust them/conspiracy!' bait to the fans but CAS will not give a s**t.

Be surprising if they didn't. A monolith like UEFA would make a point of following law.

Manchester City might do the stupid Essendon thing of throwing 'we don't trust them/conspiracy!' bait to the fans but CAS will not give a s**t.
CAS have already expressed concerns about UEFA leaks and their refusal to investigate them.

They may not give a s**t about imaginary bait, but they give a s**t about due process being followed.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC

UEFA make the AFL look fair and transparent though

They can, has it ever happened? I would be surprised, there obviously was a very thorough investigation over 12 months. Has CAS ever overturned a UEFA judgement?
No idea.

One of our arguments will be that there wasn't a thorough investigation, and that the chief investigator was talking about our punishment before the investigation commenced.

As revealed by CAS a day or so ago, UEFA didn't disclose (write) the scope of the investigation until after our appeal was lodged.

You would think that's the first step of any investigation.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
No idea.

One of our arguments will be that there wasn't a thorough investigation, and that the chief investigator was talking about our punishment before the investigation commenced.

Where was the chief investigator talking about the punishment? And wasnt it referred from the lower chamber?

Where was the chief investigator talking about the punishment? And wasnt it referred from the lower chamber?
It's in the club statement.

Leterme got slaughtered by CAS in our appeal fwiw.

It was ruled inadmissable as we still had the avenue of the adjudicatory chamber to go through.

CAS said that we could subsequently appeal on those grounds if the decision by the AC wasn't in our favour.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
It was ruled inadmissable as we still had the avenue of the adjudicatory chamber to go through.

CAS said that we could subsequently appeal on those grounds if the decision by the AC wasn't in our favour.

Good luck with that. I can only find a statement from the investigator that City could face a ban if the allegations were proven. An entirely reasonable statement to be made.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Screenshot_20200215-112911_Chrome.jpg

Can't see that happening either.
Yeah! I’m still waiting for Carlton’s last cup to be handed back. Won’t hold my breath that City get theirs stripped, that s**t only happens to the Storm

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They won’t get stripped and they shouldn’t be really. There was no FFP in place when they won their first couple anyway was there?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
This is a massive story though, cant wait to see how it all plays out.

I almost want it overturned. City without European football makes them hard to beat in the in league over the next two seasons.

We're just one away from getting back level with United now and then one more to knock them off their ******* perch. Cant wait.

So over turn it for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back