The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans on twitter are pretty cancerous, We've just won the CL and Prem in the last year or so and the club posts that a few youth players re-signed and the replies are the FSGOUT brigade saying "Announce Thiago/FSGOUT etc".

Don't get me started. The way football twitter has been legitimised is crazy. The opinions of 15-18 year olds with football players as their profile picture are now the loudest voices when it comes to fans which is absolutely insane. And that's not just Liverpool, it's across the board.

The mainstream media and football fan channels/podcasts need to stop talking about them as if their opinions are of any importance, I don't care what FalseFirmino and TheKanteRole have to say.

But Fat Frank isn't based on anything, Slippy G is like Penandes or any of those other nicknames. Still silly but at least based on something on the pitch. Plus it all just exploded out of nowhere in the last two pages, reckon he hasn't been called Fat Frank on here in years.

Some nicknames are from an ironical point of view.

Fat Frank could be because he was skinny and light framed.

How many people with the nickname Tiny are actually tiny? Most are large people.

Bald men might be called curly, red heads called bluey.

Some nicknames are from an ironical point of view.

Fat Frank could be because he was skinny and light framed.

How many people with the nickname Tiny are actually tiny? Most are large people.

Bald men might be called curly, red heads called bluey.

That's kind of not the point I was getting at but we're all going around in circles now.

Is it a bit weird that posters dont even know why they are calling him that?

I don’t know how that nickname came about, but my younger brother is a Chelsea fan and I remember years ago we came across a video with Frank Lampard in it talking about how much he loves mince pies lol, I’m sure his nickname didn’t come from that.

I've quite enjoyed it.
As someone who wants to move into coaching, I was intrigued to see how Mou coaches. I would have like to see some more tactical analysis but also understand why it’s not shown. Also interesting to see how Covid affected things.

As an arsenal fan though, it’s fun seeing spurs implode 😂

As someone who wants to move into coaching, I was intrigued to see how Mou coaches. I would have like to see some more tactical analysis but also understand why it’s not shown. Also interesting to see how Covid affected things.

As an arsenal fan though, it’s fun seeing spurs implode 😂
Spurs hasn't experienced the success of City, but it hasn't had the downfalls of Sunderland til I die either. They've been somewhere in between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me started. The way football twitter has been legitimised is crazy. The opinions of 15-18 year olds with football players as their profile picture are now the loudest voices when it comes to fans which is absolutely insane. And that's not just Liverpool, it's across the board.

The mainstream media and football fan channels/podcasts need to stop talking about them as if their opinions are of any importance, I don't care what FalseFirmino and TheKanteRole have to say.
Oh it's crazy. The dumbest shitfights you'd ever see outside the BigFooty main board.

Not Slippy G

steven-gerrard-champions-league-liverpool-2005_eeew5o5z38np1ntzdt43m5wzp.png

Not an EPL, but still a good 'consolation prize'

I already explained it Jod. One relates to a funny on-field act and the other is a complete irrelevance (he's not even fat).

Better start calling him Lance Franklin then instead of Buddy. Buddy is an off field nickname from his family and completely irrelevant as his dad never played in the AFL, so no confusion with Lance Sr :rolleyes:
Most people wouldn't know the origins of Buddy either but are happy to use it for him.

It's a friggin nickname guys, get over it

I already explained it Jod. One relates to a funny on-field act and the other is a complete irrelevance (he's not even fat).

As part of the learning process you should walk us through what can and can't be said. I'm finding it hard to see the distinction - whilst Fat Frank might hurt Frank Lampard's feeling so might Slippy be upsetting to Steven Gerrard.

Better start calling him Lance Franklin then instead of Buddy. Buddy is an off field nickname from his family and completely irrelevant as his dad never played in the AFL, so no confusion with Lance Sr :rolleyes:
Most people wouldn't know the origins of Buddy either but are happy to use it for him.

It's a friggin nickname guys, get over it
Wot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back