The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically

You can bully Gerrard for a mistake and use a derogatory nickname, that's acceptable

You can't bully Lampard and use a derogatory nickname, that's fat shaming, he's no longer fat and that's unacceptable.

Love the twisted logic of SM to justify that

Either both are acceptable, or we do as Cruyff said and just do away with all dumb nicknames.

End of the day Lampard wouldn't lose any sleep over it, he's still one of the greatest mids of the Premier League and wouldn't care what the average punter says.

So basically

You can bully Gerrard for a mistake and use a derogatory nickname, that's acceptable

You can't bully Lampard and use a derogatory nickname, that's fat shaming, he's no longer fat and that's unacceptable.

Love the twisted logic of SM to justify that

Either both are acceptable, or we do as Cruyff said and just do away with all dumb nicknames.

End of the day Lampard wouldn't lose any sleep over it, he's still one of the greatest mids of the Premier League and wouldn't care what the average punter says.
It's serious mental gymnastics to say the two are the same.

It's serious mental gymnastics to say the two are the same.

End of the day both are derogatory nicknames, that is my point.

Saying one is ok but the other isn't is also mental gymnastics, just from a different POV.

I would also like to point out no one on here says boo when they differentiate the two Ronaldo's by calling one of them fat. Some serious double standards at play here, all because some people have a soft spot for Frank.

End of the day both are derogatory nicknames, that is my point.

Saying one is ok but the other isn't is also mental gymnastics, just from a different POV.

I would also like to point out no one on here says boo when they differentiate the two Ronaldo's by calling one of them fat. Some serious double standards at play here, all because some people have a soft spot for Frank.
I think it was largely confusion that Fat Frank didn't really make sense and then all of a sudden Liverpool fans started complaining about Slippy G, which does make sense.

You could say Slippy T for Terry slipping in the shootout in Munich too.

I was just confused at it being used so much all of a sudden in response to Klopp's outrage, seemed like a very HS mindset, I get the nickname as a general thing.

The Slippery G nickname also gets used infrequently but at least relates to an on-field action which people find funny.

Obviously nicknames don't have to relate to on-field acts to be acceptable..

How strange.

Enjoying All or Nothing but I feel there are too many excuses for Tottenham's season. Also very obvious Levy's involvement has been carefully orchestrated to enhance his image.

I like how Levy is acting like everyones uncle and is really friendly etc and then Mourinho storms in and says things like,

"Nice guys never win. I want you to be bastards! Get Man Citys fullbacks sent off!

I think it was largely confusion that Fat Frank didn't really make sense and then all of a sudden Liverpool fans started complaining about Slippy G, which does make sense.

You could say Slippy T for Terry slipping in the shootout in Munich too.
Either that or for slipping it into Wayne Bridge's missus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sounds like a sook rather than trying to play mind games, do you think Fatty would give a sh*t?

Klopp seems to have it/us stuck in his head which is weird considering his speech about spending last year. Bit hypocritical tbh.

Klopp is a hypocrite though all managers are to be fair. I barely pay attention to what managers have to say except pep since he talks about Liverpool all the time. Even to his children at dinner he talks about the juggernaut that is Liverpool football club.

I was just confused at it being used so much all of a sudden in response to Klopp's outrage, seemed like a very HS mindset, I get the nickname as a general thing.

The Slippery G nickname also gets used infrequently but at least relates to an on-field action which people find funny.

Obviously nicknames don't have to relate to on-field acts to be acceptable..

How strange.
Infrequent? I haven't once seen an opposition supporter use his real name on here since that incident.

Infrequent? I haven't once seen an opposition supporter use his real name on here since that incident.

Wot?

His vision was ridiculous.

I'd take him both of Lampard and Gerrard, and I don't support any of those clubs.
Sure....as I pointed out earlier with Silva....That's his 1 exceptional stat.

But it's fun having A tet-A-tet with Cruyffy.... Especially when he tries to make-out like he knows more about the EPL than he does.

Goals & assists combined: LampArd 279, Gerrard 212, Scholes 162.
Yep.

The whole Scholes Vs Gerrard Vs Lampard debate is boring because it is all so subjective but I don't know how anyone could argue that Lampard wasn't the best goal scorer of the lot. He's one of the greatest goal scoring midfielders that the game has ever seen.
Just to add some transfer news to the SM vs Leeds Fans/DDG or Hendo/Scholes or Lamps or Gerrard/Messi is sh*t old man yells at cloud/pantskyle is a campaigner megathread.

Both Dortmunds and Uniteds shares have SKYROCKETED over the last few hours. United with the biggest jump since Pogba was signed.

I wonder if “Slippy G“ would even be used at all if it wasn’t for Gerrard’s big speech the week before or if Gerrard’s slip would just be one sequence of play before halftime to make the score 1-0 in a match that ultimately finished 2-0. It would kind of be like Aguerooooo used against United supporters and now no one really mentions the 6-1 hammering they gave us earlier in the season anymore.

I wonder if “Slippy G“ would even be used at all if it wasn’t for Gerrard’s big speech the week before or if Gerrard’s slip would just be one sequence of play before halftime to make the score 1-0 in a match that ultimately finished 2-0. It would kind of be like Aguerooooo used against United supporters and now no one really mentions the 6-1 hammering they gave us earlier in the season anymore.

It did finish 2-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back