Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Laporte has switched France for Spain. No caps and he's 26 and will now represent Spain.

France's depth is absurd being able to have a player like that walk away.
I find it bizarre that he hasnt played even once for France. I mean their depth is good but guys like Zouma, Kimpembe, Lenglet... how is he not getting a game next to those guys, he's absolutely in that class, if not better.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I also dont really understand switching nationalities. I get players want to play at International level and at World Cups and Euros etc but for me, I'm Australian. I'm very proud to be Australian.

My parents are English but if for some weird reason Australia wouldnt select me and England came calling I'd knock them back... because I'm Australian. I wouldnt want to represent any other country. For me that would feel really wrong, particularly if I then had to play Australia. My heart would definitely not be in it.

Of course everyone is different, but I couldnt do it.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I also dont really understand switching nationalities. I get players want to play at International level and at World Cups and Euros etc but for me, I's Australian. I'm very proud to be Australian.

My parents are English but if for some weird reason Australia wouldnt select me and England came calling I'd knock them back... because I'm Australian. I wouldnt want to represent any other country. For me that would feel really wrong, particularly if I then had to play Australia. My heart would definitely not be in it.

Of course everyone is different, but I couldnt do it.
Mate there is no way you would know what you'd do until you were actually in the situation

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Think once you get to certain youth level representing a nation you shouldn’t be allowed to change. Seems opportunistic by Laporte especially as he’s declared his love of France previously
That is kinda the rule - and one that Frankfurt LB Borna Sosa fell foul of this year

He played for the Croatia U21 team in November only for someone in the DFB (the German FA) convince him to switch to Germany (his mother was born in Germany), which he did. Only problem is that FIFA rules don't allow you to change nationalities after you've turned 21 (or played 3 senior level games outside of the World Cup or confederation tournament), so he's now pissed off the Croatian FA, national team coaches and the public

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Why would you think that? No way I could pull on an England shirt or a New Zealand shirt.... something like that. I'm Australian.

That's just me though.
Like chef said different when you're actually in the situation rather than being hypothetical.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Why would you think that? No way I could pull on an England shirt or a New Zealand shirt.... something like that. I'm Australian.

That's just me though.
But unless you are in that situation you just wouldn't know, cmon jod.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
But unless you are in that situation you just wouldn't know, cmon jod.
I dont understand how you wouldnt know? I'm patriotic. I'm Australian. I wouldnt represent another nation in international competition. I dont think you need to be in that situation to know how you would feel about it. As I said though, everyone is different.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I dont understand how you wouldnt know? I'm patriotic. I'm Australian. I wouldnt represent another nation in international competition. I dont think you need to be in that situation to know how you would feel about it. As I said though, everyone is different.
Ok mate.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Have I asked this before? If so... ignore me. I cant remember if I've thought about asking this before and forgotten or already did ask and we've all discussed this. Anyhow...

Does anyone know of three players all scoring 100 goals for the club at the same time?

From Liverpool Dalglish and Rush did it when they played together but no third player. Owen, Fowler and Gerrard doesnt count as Gerrard got to 100 I think after Fowler and Owen had left the club.

I saw on the weekend Dybala and Ronaldo scored their 100th goal for the club in the same game. But not a third player.

Did United players do it? Surely Rooney, Scholes and Giggs all scored 100 for United but had Scholes and Giggs retired before Rooney got there?

Suarez and Messi at Barca I think but no third player?

Mane and Bob are close to joining Salah with 100 goals for Liverpool.

Did Lampard and Drogba both get 100 for Chelsea, but again no third player. Is it rare or are you all about to list a million times it's been done, I'd assume it's pretty rare.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Have I asked this before? If so... ignore me. I cant remember if I've thought about asking this before and forgotten or already did ask and we've all discussed this. Anyhow...

Does anyone know of three players all scoring 100 goals for the club at the same time?

From Liverpool Dalglish and Rush did it when they played together but no third player. Owen, Fowler and Gerrard doesnt count as Gerrard got to 100 I think after Fowler and Owen had left the club.

I saw on the weekend Dybala and Ronaldo scored their 100th goal for the club in the same game. But not a third player.

Did United players do it? Surely Rooney, Scholes and Giggs all scored 100 for United but had Scholes and Giggs retired before Rooney got there?

Did Lampard and Drogba both get 100 for Chelsea, but again no third player. Is it rare or are you all about to list a million times it's been done, I'd assume it's pretty rare.
neymar scored 105 in all comps with barca. so all three of messi, suarez and neymar had scored 100 by the end of neymar being there

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

For United, Law, Best and Charlton did it.
Rooney, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo. 4 players must be very rare.
RVN, Scholes and Giggs.
Ole, Cole and Giggs.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
For United, Law, Best and Charlton did it.
Rooney, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo. 4 players must be very rare.
RVN, Scholes and Giggs.
Ole, Cole and Giggs.
Rooney, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo wouldnt count would it. Ronaldo scored 100 then left before Rooney got to 100 right? I could be wrong.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Rooney, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo wouldnt count would it. Ronaldo scored 100 then left before Rooney got to 100 right? I could be wrong.
Ah, just checked. Rooney got to 100 two months after Ronaldo signed for Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back