SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EP
Wouldn't want 99% of football fans to have any say in the running of the game.

Football authorities have more common sense, and they have very little.
That's a shame, I think in the circumstances it's suggested, a fan say is vital. It would have stopped the attempted name change of my club, for example, which was eventually stopped via fan consultation after a lot of time and expense anyway.

I don't think the suggestion is that fans would have a say in the day-to-day running of the club, just on heritage decisions.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
They just need an independent regulator with no vested interests that has a clue about what's good for the game and what isn't.

Fans and fan groups should remain as a lobby, and a resource for the regulator to tap into when needed imo.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
They just need an independent regulator with no vested interests that has a clue about what's good for the game and what isn't.

Fans and fan groups should remain as a lobby, and a resource for the regulator to tap into when needed imo.
agree wholeheartedly but I don't think this is possible unless it is someone from outside of football with a lot to lose if they are found to be corrupt.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Last time the FA appointed independent regulators to decide on something, Wimbledon's owners got to jog the club up to Milton Keynes in 5 minutes. Based on that, I'm going to go ahead and say fans should be the deciding voice on things unless you think Germany, Portugal, Spain and numerous others have it all wrong.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
Last time the FA appointed independent regulators to decide on something, Wimbledon's owners got to jog the club up to Milton Keynes in 5 minutes. Based on that, I'm going to go ahead and say fans should be the deciding voice on things unless you think Germany, Portugal, Spain and numerous others have it all wrong.
Something not quite right with that first sentence of yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Have they run poll about Standard Chartered yet?
Theres no need to. Not owned by slave driving human rights abusers.

On the other hand

Good on Bayern fans for doing the same over their Qatari linked sponsorship. Some clubs fans arent comfortable being linked to human rights abusers. Other clubs fans dont mind as long as the money flows in. Each to their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad