The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not even remotely close to what I said.
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

He died yesterday and you're asking why you don't have every detail about how he died. There's a time and place. Beyond that why do you even care?
Do you live in 1950? Usually every celeb death, all the details are known pretty quickly. I was wondering because he was so young...

Is this all gonna be ok by you?

Do you live in 1950? Usually every celeb death, all the details are known pretty quickly. I was wondering because he was so young...

Is this all gonna be ok by you?

In your desperation to go at me for a pretty simple comment you might have missed Zidane posting the information you were so desperately after.

In your desperation to go at me for a pretty simple comment you might have missed Zidane posting the information you were so desperately after.
Yeah I saw that, apologies for not msging you immediately with the confirmation that I had indeed seen it and read it.

I'll do better in future.

Provided no benefit to the game. Was a greedy campaigner who moved players around every few years to earn as much money as possible for himself. Partly responsible for transfer market inflation. His clients usually made moves to maximise his earnings rather than helping to make the best move for the client.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what kills me is when we lose players to other asian league 2nd division teams. case in point stefan mauk. not everyone's cup of team, but a pretty good player. moves to some j2 team and this is celebrated like a positive. like ******* hell. i could understand j1, but to be behind japan's 2nd div, that's sad

A League is good. For all the glitz and glamor of the PL at the end of the day the team that I go to see nearly ever week is Melbourne Victory and have done so for the last 15 years.

If you are a true football fan like me, live and breathe the game (all 3 kids play plus myself) I cannot honestly understand why you wouldn't follow the A League, I really cannot.

Some football fans are all about the trend and following a PL club. They're the ones who generally are the euro snobs. To me it's madness, complaining the A League isn't up to the standard of the PL etc. Imagine if that's the attitude League 1 one fans had in Engalnd. The comp would be dead within a few years.

A League is good. For all the glitz and glamor of the PL at the end of the day the team that I go to see nearly ever week is Melbourne Victory and have done so for the last 15 years.

If you are a true football fan like me, live and breathe the game (all 3 kids play plus myself) I cannot honestly understand why you wouldn't follow the A League, I really cannot.

Some football fans are all about the trend and following a PL club. They're the ones who generally are the euro snobs. To me it's madness, complaining the A League isn't up to the standard of the PL etc. Imagine if that's the attitude League 1 one fans had in Engalnd. The comp would be dead within a few years.
Football is much bigger in England though. Really, football only 'competes' with League and Union and both are way smaller in terms of interest. League 1 will always be fine.

Obviously in Aus, the bigger problem is they compete with other codes. That and the governing body is absolutely useless.

Some older fans grew up following euro leagues and didn’t want to be part of NSL. I’ve followed A League a little bit bit much prefer to follow a number of euro leagues. Funny enough I watched a bit more of A League during covid and the some of the matches were very entertaining. Then Paramount stepped in and have lost interest. Could never be bothered going because I already attend AFL, local leagues and sometimes local soccer club which is nearby.

League 1 clubs have the chance to go up the divisions and grow if they have good recruitment and investment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back