The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird career for Olivier Giroud. For years not seen as good enough for where Arsenal wanted to get to.
A good striker but not that elite forward they craved.

Will end up with a World Cup, Ligue 1 title, 4x FA Cups, UCL winner, UEL winner and now 1x Serie A title.

Wtf? Maybe I've been living under a rock but I just found out La Liga allow 5 subs per game... Yet EPL still stuck with 3.

Surely it's for the good of the game to allow 5 subs in the EPL too... Less injuries, more players get a chance to show their wares... Then you get situations like this champions league final where Madrid were allowed to rotate 5 players in their final game while Liverpool only 3, Thiago gets injured and that has a massive impact on next week. Now, Thiago might have got injured anyway, even with 5 subs. But it at least minimizes the risk a little bit. And at this level, every little advantage helps. English football should be allowing 5 subs if they want to give their teams every chance possible to be European champions.
And I would say the same if City were playing in the final.

Wtf? Maybe I've been living under a rock but I just found out La Liga allow 5 subs per game... Yet EPL still stuck with 3.

Surely it's for the good of the game to allow 5 subs in the EPL too... Less injuries, more players get a chance to show their wares... Then you get situations like this champions league final where Madrid were allowed to rotate 5 players in their final game while Liverpool only 3, Thiago gets injured and that has a massive impact on next week. Now, Thiago might have got injured anyway, even with 5 subs. But it at least minimizes the risk a little bit. And at this level, every little advantage helps. English football should be allowing 5 subs if they want to give their teams every chance possible to be European champions.
The Premier League will allow 5 subs starting from next season.

Yeah but my team is in the final this season so that doesn't help me at the moment

The final is in 6 days, you’ll be fine. You’ve played in the league every 6 or 7 days, all season.

Last edited:

He got injured in the first half, of course he would have gotten injured even with 5 subs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But jd2010 told me Palace had the 9th highest wage bill in the league?
According to 2 website sources they were 9th and 10th so I question that table. From the look of that table it's talking about wages from the XI selecting and not total wage bill.

If the total wage bill of Palace's is 13th or below then I stand corrected think Vieria has done an outstanding job considering the turnover and maintaining where they should finish. If they are top half he has done a good job, my point was it's not one of the top 6 managerial efforts of the season.

Add another source Capology to the mix and total salaries of Palace are 8th. Interestingly under all 3 sources numbers vary slightly, and under all 3 sources 15/20 sides finished within 3 spots of their total wage bill spot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back