The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to understand how West Ham and Palace are so different to other websites. But appreciate the analysis and is another table showing 3/4 of league positions being within 3 spots of their wage table.
That one linked in your post is closer to the mark where it lists Leeds as £108m. The two links in SM post from Sportrac which lists for example Leeds as £16m is way off. When you delve into individual players for instance it lists Phillips as being on £200k+ a year! Yeah right.

That one linked in your post is closer to the mark where it lists Leeds as £108m. The two links in SM post from Sportrac which lists for example Leeds as £16m is way off. When you delve into individual players for instance it lists Phillips as being on £200k+ a year! Yeah right.

I don’t know how accurate Sportac is with football but for Baseball, I have always heard that it’s way off.

At the top end, so much is performance based. Saw a video with our CEO years back when he said 2/3rds is basic but you can earn another 1/3 on top of that if personal and team goals are achieved.

So while I think its true that the biggest payers get the most success I think it's also true that the most successful clubs end up with a much bigger wage bill for that year.

I don’t know how accurate Sportac is with football but for Baseball, I have always heard that it’s way off.
Used to be fairly good for NFL but last couple of years it seems to not be as reliable lets say. Other sites have overtaken it

I didn't post any links, that was Jd.

Yeah I don't trust them individually which is why more my focus was on large discrepancies in position. For palace the 3 I found had 8th, 9th and 10th. And the other table had 12th. Massive difference with West Ham from the 3 and that table. Doesn't mean the 1 is wrong and the 3 are right

I guess it really depends on the squad vs the first XI.

I have Leeds' first XI at around £85-£90m.

With the squad not much more than that, maybe £110m ish

I fail to see how we are level with Brighton in that chart.

Cucurella, Webster, Bissouma, Trossard, Mwepu, Mac Allistar and Trossard are only 7 players that they reportedly paid a combined £110m and they have a much deeper squad of senior players.

Cucurella, Webster, Bissouma, Trossard, Mwepu, Mac Allistar and Trossard are only 7 players that they reportedly paid a combined £110m and they have a much deeper squad of senior players.
When you sell your 3rd string CB for 50m you can afford to splash out a bit.

Reported by who?

We don't pay huge wages and stick to a set wage structure.

White got a very large wage increase when he was sold.

Biss, Tross and Ali Mac are almost out of contract so the level they are playing now won't match what we signed them on for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running away from that NLD and bottling top 4 has now seen ENIC put money into the club for the first time in over 10 years. Thanks gooners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back