The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What decisions would those be? So would it be in line with the Santos token? That went down a treat didn't it.

The issue is that these NFTs end up being traded at far above face value because they are traded as a commodity beyond the actual purpose they serve. That's the whole problem.

Whatever the club wants to involve the fans in.

Maybe they put up 5 designs for a shirt and let them vote on it.

Maybe they poll them on a myriad of things.

It's a cheaper way to have more fans engaged than having to stump up for a season ticket which not everyone can afford.

Once again, we're talking about tickets here, not jpeg art nor a long term investment.

Who is going to trade a regular Crawley Town NFT game ticket for over the market value when you can just buy one yourself for the price of a game ticket?

This is massive

Full rights

https://watchoptus.tv/LaLigaOptusSport

290527478_1828333380851330_4016779532810312971_n.jpg

Holy crap! That is excellent and lots of the match day times for Barcelona and Real Madrid are usually always very reasonable from what I have seen over the years.

Whatever the club wants to involve the fans in.

Maybe they put up 5 designs for a shirt and let them vote on it.

Maybe they poll them on a myriad of things.

It's a cheaper way to have more fans engaged than having to stump up for a season ticket which not everyone can afford.

Once again, we're talking about tickets here, not jpeg art nor a long term investment.

Who is going to trade a regular Crawley Town NFT game ticket for over the market value when you can just buy one yourself for the price of a game ticket?

Issue being that anyone can buy them and influence said decisions, not just Crawley fans. So they're either not going to make them meaningful decisions, or make them very limited - either of which isn't too significant.

It's a scheme to get people buying a token in order to access a shirt - which they also have to fork out money on. Defending it is just silly.

Issue being that anyone can buy them and influence said decisions, not just Crawley fans. So they're either not going to make them meaningful decisions, or make them very limited - either of which isn't too significant.

It's a scheme to get people buying a token in order to access a shirt - which they also have to fork out money on. Defending it is just silly.

Selling tickets is now an issue?

Doesn't selling tickets bring money into the club?

Who is actually going to spend that kind of money to influence a decision?

It's actually a way to put off other fans influencing results of things at other clubs.

You do realise that this happens already with fans player of the season awards yeah? Oppo fans hijacking said online votes.

In the end It's about getting them to buy tickets and have an extra bonus to buying one and turning up to a game.

You obviously have never worked a single day in marketing.

Selling tickets is now an issue?

Doesn't selling tickets bring money into the club?

Who is actually going to spend that kind of money to influence a decision?

It's actually a way to put off other fans influencing results of things at other clubs.

You do realise that this happens already with fans player of the season awards yeah? Oppo fans hijacking said online votes.

In the end It's about getting them to buy tickets and have an extra bonus to buying one and turning up to a game.

You obviously have never worked a single day in marketing.

Go buy all the NFTs you want, I'm not stopping you.

At no point did I link them to digital art. Nor did Magma.

Yeah ya did.

"The issue is that these NFTs end up being traded at far above face value because they are traded as a commodity beyond the actual purpose they serve. That's the whole problem."

That's an issue with digital art, not NFTs in a football sense.

Yeah ya did.

"The issue is that these NFTs end up being traded at far above face value because they are traded as a commodity beyond the actual purpose they serve. That's the whole problem."

That's an issue with digital art, not NFTs in a football sense.

It is an issue with NFTs in a football sense, not just digital art. It's an issue with the concept of fan tokens in general.

No it's not. Nobody is trading football tokens.

Why would you trade something you can just buy yourself?

Because a finite number of them tend to be issued, it's the entire point.

Why release a fan token if there's no incentive of profit for the issuer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because a finite number of them tend to be issued, it's the entire point.

Why release a fan token if there's no incentive of profit for the issuer?

There's never going to be a time where by demand outweighs supply.

Not set up that way.

"Fees. Depending on how it is structured, teams receive a majority percentage of the transaction in the initial release of the fan token. They then get fees in relation to fan tokens involving their club. Socios.com makes money via marketplace trading fees, as well as all subfeatures of the app have fees. 22 Mar 2022"

So plenty of incentive to run promotions through a fan token system for the club.

And for the fan it's more like buying a raffle ticket for something and then if you don't win you can sell the ticket back once the promotion is over.

As opposed to a normal raffle ticket that you buy and if you lose you have zero chance of getting your money back.

There's never going to be a time where by demand outweighs supply.

Not set up that way.

"Fees. Depending on how it is structured, teams receive a majority percentage of the transaction in the initial release of the fan token. They then get fees in relation to fan tokens involving their club. Socios.com makes money via marketplace trading fees, as well as all subfeatures of the app have fees. 22 Mar 2022"

So plenty of incentive to run promotions through a fan token system for the club.

And for the fan it's more like buying a raffle ticket for something and then if you don't win you can sell the ticket back once the promotion is over.

As opposed to a normal raffle ticket that you buy and if you lose you have zero chance of getting your money back.

Who do they sell the ticket back to if there's no limit and other fans can just buy from the club?

How does Socios earn fees via 'marketplace trading fees' if not from people selling and trading their tokens with one another? And what happens if someone does want one so pays a premium to get it, but then when they wish to sell it finds it has significantly devalued because there is no one willing to buy one?

So you're essentially saying because there's a chance people can get their money back these are ok?

Who do they sell the ticket back to if there's no limit and other fans can just buy from the club?

How does Socios earn fees via 'marketplace trading fees' if not from people selling and trading their tokens with one another? And what happens if someone does want one so pays a premium to get it, but then when they wish to sell it finds it has significantly devalued because there is no one willing to buy one?

You said fan token so I explained the fan token.

Tickets are a different thing.

Socios who hosts the clubs fan tokens acts as an exchange for the tokens that can be purchased on their app. Clubs don't have their own exchanges.

If you don't want a token don't buy it. No different to a raffle ticket.

Who buys back your used raffle tickets?

You said fan token so I explained the fan token.

Tickets are a different thing.

Socios who hosts the clubs fan tokens acts as an exchange for the tokens that can be purchased on their app. Clubs don't have their own exchanges.

If you don't want a token don't buy it. No different to a raffle ticket.

Who buys back your used raffle tickets?

So again, because there's a chance you can get your money back these are fine, despite the fact that raffle tickets are bought for a specific price, not a constantly fluctuating one, where there's an implied concept of making money on the re-sale of a fan token or ticket?

Can you perhaps now understand why this is an issue in sport and isn't just a misunderstanding of digital art v tickets?

So again, because there's a chance you can get your money back these are fine, despite the fact that raffle tickets are bought for a specific price, not a constantly fluctuating one, where there's an implied concept of making money on the re-sale of a fan token or ticket?

Can you perhaps now understand why this is an issue in sport and isn't just a misunderstanding of digital art v tickets?

I see zero issue with something that fans aren't obliged to buy like a fan token.

Nobody is sold on the premise that you can make money on it. You get a fan token simply to partake in a promotion IF you wish too.

Tickets are a non issue because ticket scalping is far worse under the old systems than now under the electronic era.

Everything I'm reading as to why it's bad seems like a massive Boomer fest with the reasoning as to why they don't like it.

I see zero issue with something that fans aren't obliged to buy like a fan token.

Nobody is sold on the premise that you can make money on it. You get a fan token simply to partake in a promotion IF you wish too.

Tickets are a non issue because ticket scalping is far worse under the old systems than now under the electronic era.

Everything I'm reading as to why it's bad seems like a massive Boomer fest with the reasoning as to why they don't like it.

The mere fact you've gone from rubbishing the notion that these things are scams to saying "Well you have more chance of getting money back than you would with a losing raffle ticket" says a lot.

The mere fact you've gone from rubbishing the notion that these things are scams to saying "Well you have more chance of getting money back than you would with a losing raffle ticket" says a lot.

Where is the scam?

It's spelt out very clearly what's involved in the process.

It says nothing other than this model means you can take part with a token and if you don't win you can either hang onto the token and use it another time or sell it back.

****ed if I know how that's a scam.

Or maybe everything is a scam in your boomer world.

Don't profess to know much about the whole NFT thing, but if I'm a season ticket holder putting my £200-300 into the club every year and couldn't buy a third kit, I'd be wondering whether my contribution to the club is valued enough.

Don't profess to know much about the whole NFT thing, but if I'm a season ticket holder putting my £200-300 into the club every year and couldn't buy a third kit, I'd be wondering whether my contribution to the club is valued enough.

They didn't have a third kit last season.

So this is just part of a marketing promo.

If you're in that division all new revenue streams can be invaluable.

I wonder how much money they'll make off the NFTs and whether they were worth the fuss. Generally it seems these sorts of schemes completely backfire.

Here are all the teams/organisations involved just with Socios alone in this space

A few teams you might recognise in there.

How Crawley goes will be interesting at a smaller club level.

Hope it works out as this kind of extra money flow into the lower league clubs could have a huge benefit to their bottom lines.

Here are all the teams/organisations involved just with Socios alone in this space

A few teams you might recognise in there.

How Crawley goes will be interesting at a smaller club level.

Hope it works out as this kind of extra money flow into the lower league clubs could have a huge benefit to their bottom lines.

I'm aware of the clubs Socios is linked to. That doesn't legitimise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back