The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he should have told his mate that betting on his transfer could get him in serious trouble, instead of "lump on if you want".

Is it an FA rule to recite the terms and conditions of betting on football?

I get what you're saying but it's a very grey area where betting companies can offer more and more markets.

For example, you can bet on bloody pre-season games. If a player tells their family he's finally getting his first senior start in a pre-season game and someone bets on him scoring a goal, is that passing on insider information? For a friendly?

So he told his mate he was going and also told him to bet on it.

Seems like a couple of dumb choices.

He specifically didn't tell him to bet on it, his mate said he was going to jump on and Trippier said "If you want". The FA acknowledged there was no case to be made for Trippier having told his mate to bet on it.

He specifically didn't tell him to bet on it, his mate said he was going to jump on and Trippier said "If you want". The FA acknowledged there was no case to be made for Trippier having told his mate to bet on it.
I would say the way he said it was a wink to do so. If you knew that it’s wrong you would say I’d appreciate if you didn’t mate because that might put me in trouble.

I would say the way he said it was a wink to do so. If you knew that it’s wrong you would say I’d appreciate if you didn’t mate because that might put me in trouble.
I get what you're saying but the case specifically determined that he didn't instruct his mate to bet, so accusing him of doing that is a bit of a misdirect.

I guess the A-League is the competition to watch for lots of goals. Perth Glory have backed up a 5-3 win over Adelaide United last week with a 5-4 (1-0 at half time) defeat against Western United today. Crazy
My mate at half time said “do you feel like games aren’t as exciting as they used to be?” - 8 goals later...

49ers upped their stake from 15 to 37%. Good to see. Have promised serious investment in revamping Elland Road.

Pepe just threw a major tantrum at full time of Porto‘s league win.... at his own teammate. Shoved him in the chest and then whacked him with two fists. They went to fist bump and his teammate said something which Pepe clearly didn’t agree with.

In other news. The sky is still blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UEFA should being in some rules to protect clubs from getting into this sort of financial trouble.

FWIW, Barca have been a basketcase since the Laporta days. Might need him back to save the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back