The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very good listen the simon says section

Very good listen the simon says section

I'm just glad Robbie Kruse didnt pull a hammy during the podcast.

Hopefully Dean Smith has his red card cancelled after it turns out he was correct all along. If the language he claims he used is true there wasn't any abusive language towards the match officials (are you juggling balls, you should have done the laws of the game earlier). That's just dissent which doesn't warrant a red card.

South Americans, Africans, Spanish and Italians among others are generally more religious than your average Aussie or Brit

I noticed four of the West Brom starting eleven walk onto the ground praying. A few Brits do it too. Eg Raheem Sterling, Isaac Hayden, Craig Dawson.

A few players do a few hops to enter the field. What's all that about?

I noticed four of the West Brom starting eleven walk onto the ground praying. A few Brits do it too. Eg Raheem Sterling, Isaac Hayden, Craig Dawson.

Get the blood pumping in the legs.

But it's on one leg. There's a few players who do it. It seems like as they enter the field they bend down to touch the turf then do 3 or 4 hops - as though it's a superstitious thing.

Oh, not sure, thought you meant the jump they do on the spot. Haven't ever seen the hop thing.

But it's on one leg. There's a few players who do it. It seems like as they enter the field they bend down to touch the turf then do 3 or 4 hops - as though it's a superstitious thing.

I have always read it is a superstitious thing. I have read of footballers who will always enter the pitch either with their left or right foot every match.

Ozil is a Turkish born Muslim whom I have seen so a Salat (prayer) with his hands several times before a match.

I have always read it is a superstitious thing. I have read of footballers who will always enter the pitch either with their left or right foot every match.

I used to always put my right sock on then left sock then right boot then left boot. No idea why but it didn't feel right otherwise. I read that certain players insist on being the last one onto the field. This hoppy thing caught my attention. Maybe it's nothing.

I used to always put my right sock on then left sock then right boot then left boot. No idea why but it didn't feel right otherwise. I read that certain players insist on being the last one onto the field. This hoppy thing caught my attention. Maybe it's nothing.

I have a friend who would always leave a house he has visited from the door he enters. So if he comes to someone’s house through the back gate and he is about to leave but he is inside the house and closes to the front door, he will walk right through the house and out the back gate so he can leave. It is quite a scene watching it unfold lol.

Apparently Johan Cruyff would use his goalkeepers chest as a punching bad and then spit his gum out towards the opponents goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh right, always thought he was born in Turkey..
His parents were soem of the millions of Turks imported as cheap labour in the 70s. I think it's the biggest Turkish population outside of Turkey. It's why Erdogan went there to speak to them as they could vote in his sham election

I have a friend who would always leave a house he has visited from the door he enters. So if he comes to someone’s house through the back gate and he is about to leave but he is inside the house and closes to the front door, he will walk right through the house and out the back gate so he can leave. It is quite a scene watching it unfold lol.

Apparently Johan Cruyff would use his goalkeepers chest as a punching bad and then spit his gum out towards the opponents goal.

If I am in someone else's house I have to reset all the toilet rolls so they hang on the outside.

The Cruyff thing reminds me of Nick Hornby throwing the crisps under the bus before Arsenal games.

If I am in someone else's house I have to reset all the toilet rolls so they hang on the outside.

The Cruyff thing reminds me of Nick Hornby throwing the crisps under the bus before Arsenal games.

I wouldn't rearrange someone else's toilet roll, that's a little odd. I would definitely judge them though.

Salah must always be the last one on the pitch for us. No idea what would happen if you had two players who have that superstition.

Salah must always be the last one on the pitch for us. No idea what would happen if you had two players who have that superstition.
It's happened in Ice Hockey a few times, in terms of players on opposite teams being the last to leave the ice in warm ups. They both agree to leave at the same time then one will double back 5 second later, do a lap then come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back