The on topic thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006

Woeful statement. Whether taking a knee is a protest or just symbolic, it's come to serve as a powerful reminder of the human rights issues faced by many communities, not just those in America.

I would imagine the response from black communities in the UK, who apparently aren't marginalised according to this statement, has been similarly positive to mine?

Furlough isn't a long term solution.

If it was safe to play yesterday, it's safe to play today. So that's what they should do, and football/government should support clubs financially.

But shutting the doors and expecting everything will be ok cause the government will cover wages is just delaying the inevitable.

FWIW I reckon there's a real possibly that we'll lose one or two entire divisions of league/conference clubs.

Furlough isn't a long term solution.

If it was safe to play yesterday, it's safe to play today. So that's what they should do, and football/government should support clubs financially.

But shutting the doors and expecting everything will be ok cause the government will cover wages is just delaying the inevitable.

FWIW I reckon there's a real possibly that we'll lose one or two entire divisions of league/conference clubs.

Delaying the inevitable? Sounds like you're happy for clubs to fall by the wayside.

How about taking 5% of the funds available to PL clubs and using those to rescue/help almost all of the lower leagues? Reckon 5% would go a fair way..

Moyes and two Hammers including Diop tested positive and missed tonight’s EFL cup game and will miss weekend’s Prem match. They were also travelling in a team bus just before the game, so could be further infections. As numbers continue to rise the comp could turn into a raffle.

Moyes and two Hammers including Diop tested positive and missed tonight’s EFL cup game and will miss weekend’s Prem match. They were also travelling in a team bus just before the game, so could be further infections. As numbers continue to rise the comp could turn into a raffle.

And we've said "Thanks but no thanks" to free testing. Absolutely bizarre all around.

You think their demise is inevitable. I don't see it that way.
The bit where I said government and football should support clubs financially is a bit of a hint for you.

The bit where I said government and football should support clubs financially is a bit of a hint for you.

Oh I saw that, it's your next paragraph that seemed to then suggest that shutting the doors and hoping the government continues to support them is just "delaying the inevitable". What inevitability if you didn't mean clubs' collapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back