The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through this, it will result in the closed shop that clubs at the top want.

No-one would be able to compete financially with the sides in the super league, and even if they fluked it one year there wouldn't be any reward at the end of it.

Would be a disaster for any club outside of the "top 5".

It'd be to replace the UCL, not domestic football.

Madness if the top 6 want to sign up to play in two football leagues concurrently. Would think that wouldn't be allowed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good riddance to them if they want to go join a European league, and when it fails they're welcome to rejoin the English pyramid at Level 8.

Project super-league won’t happen. I’m already doing work behind the scenes to put a stop to it.

The thing is though that I don’t think any fans of these clubs want it. I know I don’t. Yet there’s this massive push for it to go ahead, it really shows how unimportant fans actually are to these greedy fu**s.

Revenue from fans is dwarved by sponsors and TV revenue and I daresay this would be very lucrative.

Revenue from fans is dwarved by sponsors and TV revenue and I daresay this would be very lucrative.

I would have thought this lockdown experience would demonstrate that fans just about the money they bring in but the atmosphere generated. Football is nothing without fans.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
This Super League bullshit always crops up but with FIFA supposedly backing it this time, that's actually a huge alarm bell. It's also no surprise that two clubs with their names firmly attached to this genius idea are Liverpool and Manchester United. Reckon FSG are up there with the Glazers, Levy and Kroenke as power/money hungry campaigners because whenever a s**t house idea is floated with the sole aim of money they're usually close to the origin of it and I don't get how they always escape criticism compared to the others.

And a Super League wouldn't be for the local fans or people who like the sport for what it historically represents. It's for the Johnny Texas', Mohamed's and Wu's of the world who don't give a s**t about their teams playing Burnley or Palace and want to see them playing Real Madrid or Bayern every week.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm

It'd replace both I'd say, otherwise it's unworkable.....Complete with an F/a Cup style knockout comp.

The way Europe & the globalist Billionaire elite set is forming, it's going to happen eventually.

Barca one week, then Juve, then Bayern the next: & doubles against the other EPL giants.....No Dead-rubbers there, & full-houses guaranteed every week....Lock me in & beam me up for the ride Scotty.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Good luck.

I imagine the response to that from the other 200 clubs in the UK would be to go join the new league and * off. You can't hedge your bets, you are either in or you are out.

I'd be perfectly happy replacing the "big" 5 or 6 with Celtic and Rangers and incorporating the remainder of the SPL into the EFL.

The big 5 or 6 aren't all the biggest 5 or 6 clubs in the country, they are just among the 5 or 6th wealthiest.

I don't think it would effectively change much in all honesty and if it meant more wealth distribution to the EFL, it would mean the emergence of some potentially large clubs back into the fold.

You would have super league sides poaching players, sure, but the CL still takes a back seat to the PL for most fans.

I like the sound of a competition where Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa, Everton, Celtic, Rangers, Wolves, West Ham etc are genuinely competing for PL titles tbh. It sounds better than the current product.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
I would have thought this lockdown experience would demonstrate that fans just about the money they bring in but the atmosphere generated. Football is nothing without fans.
unfortunately they likely see it the other way. bigger tv numbers, more negotiating power, plus getting people to pay ppv for a game.

For fans of those bigger clubs, would you still follow your team if they were in this super league? I honestly think I’d just lose interest completely.
I don't want it to happen. If it did, and as much as I'd like to say that I'd walk away I probably wouldn't.

Not sure I'd go to the matches but I'd probably be watching them on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back