The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For fans of those bigger clubs, would you still follow your team if they were in this super league? I honestly think I’d just lose interest completely.
I'll watch us wherever we play, but I can still then say I don't like us competing in it.

What gives these teams the right to permanently cement their place in Europe at the expense of other clubs simply because they have a sugardaddy behind at particular time??

What they want is to reduce competition...it’s just beyond belief for a sport. Basically be taking away incentive of Europe for everyone else. Each federation should say you play in super league you don’t play for your country.

What gives these teams the right to permanently cement their place in Europe at the expense of other clubs simply because they have a sugardaddy behind at particular time??

What they want is to reduce competition...it’s just beyond belief for a sport. Basically be taking away incentive of Europe for everyone else. Each federation should say you play in super league you don’t play for your country.

And when it collapses they start at the bottom of the pyramid.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
For fans of those bigger clubs, would you still follow your team if they were in this super league? I honestly think I’d just lose interest completely.
probably not no. im barely invested enough in the cl, let alone a closed off version of that

Gotta Love The Glazers 👍👍👍

Worrying stuff, shows they lost £70m during coronavirus shutdown.

It is affecting big clubs and small, those the size of united can get by. Those down below can’t but still worrying up the top none the less.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Have to admit I wouldn't be as interested either. It is satisfying just playing them when we are in the CL period but that is about it i'd lose interest after about a month if this was the case week after week.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
FB_IMG_1603340493083.jpg

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Worrying stuff, shows they lost £70m during coronavirus shutdown.

It is affecting big clubs and small, those the size of united can get by. Those down below can’t but still worrying up the top none the less.

Apparently they paid something like 29 million out of United's funds to the Glazer shareholders too.

They are crooks, as much as I hate Man U, even their supporters deserve better than those embezzlers running their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super-league is a non starter, always has been. Fans dont want it. Its generally used as a negotiating tool for expansion of the CL.

FIFA being on board really is irrelevant as far as European club football goes.
I'm not so sure. FIFA have no incentive to get involved if it was just about a better champions League deal. And they've had ample opportunity now to discredit the plan.

FIFA and UEFA have been at loggerheads for a year now, and I reckon this is the reason why.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I'm not so sure. FIFA have no incentive to get involved if it was just about a better champions League deal. And they've had ample opportunity now to discredit the plan.

FIFA and UEFA have been at loggerheads for a year now, and I reckon this is the reason why.

FIFA are pissed that their club tournament was cancelled to fit Euro 2021 in.

The National FAs tell players no internationals for Super players and FIFA will soon change their minds.

I seem to be the only poster in favor of a super-dooper Euro comp, where it's the best against the best every week.....Strange times indeed.
A bit of merit should be involved when qualifying for Europe. If you are good enough, you end up playing the best teams in the knockout stages anyway.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
A bit of merit should be involved when qualifying for Europe. If you are good enough, you end up playing the best teams in the knockout stages anyway.

It's been essentially the same big European club sides that have dominated their Local/Domestic Leagues for decades now.....It's getting all a bit ho-hum.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
How would you cope being bottom of the pecking order of the elites? If you spent 5 years being thrashed by Bayern, Dortmund, Real, Barca, Atletico, PSG, Lyon, City, LFC...even Porto...it would get just as ho-hum?

Sounds like the forebodings of someone frightened of some real competition....allow me to paint you a picture of the worst case-scenario & sell it as standard fare....Such a disposition doesn't belong in this exalted company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back