The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not get stoned for death for being gay in Qatar.

And there will be Alcohol served at venues at Qatar.

And You are talking utter trash about 1 million slaves.

Your ignorance of that country and it's culture is disappointing but atypical of so many supporters against the Qatari WC.

Where was all the outrage over gay rights at the Russian WC, where under Putin's orders, known homosexuals are locked up ?

If you are not Islamaphobic, you are certainly guilty of being a hypocrite and ignorant.
Atypical would mean not typical.

You try and make these grandiose points but your wording and logic is just so poor.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

I'm sorry Elmer but this is a really, really bad take. That bit about the appearance of Islamic players and their prevalence in football teams is just such a bizarre and unnecessary thing to say as well.

Maybe so, but the point remains that Zidane was wrong when he said Gay People were stoned to death in Qatar when that simply is not true. I could have worded it better admittedly.

Also Alcohol will be available at venues at the Qatar World Cup.

The other points he made remain valid certainly.

Anyhow it's too late to change the venue anyway, people should try embrace the WC in Qatar with an open mind, I bet those flogs who say they will not watch it in protest will still be watching anyway

Maybe so, but the point remains that Zidane was wrong when he said Gay People were stoned to death in Qatar when that simply is not true. I could have worded it better admittedly.

Also Alcohol will be available at venues at the Qatar World Cup.

The other points he made remain valid certainly.

Anyhow it's too late to change the venue anyway, people should try embrace the WC in Qatar with an open mind, I bet those flogs who say they will not watch it in protest will still be watching anyway
Well homosexuality is illegal there and prison term and even death penalty (although unlikely) is possible. Didn’t Blatter blurt out something early on about gays fans can just refrain from having sex there? Funny (odd) man Sepp

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well homosexuality is illegal there and prison term and even death penalty (although unlikely) is possible. Didn’t Blatter blurt out something early on about gays fans can just refrain from having sex there? Funny (odd) man Sepp

Yeah those laws are wrong and archaic I admit.. But hopefully having the World Cup there can hopefully help speed up the need for change with regards to homosexuality in those veru conservative nations (although Qatar seems more liberal than most from that region in that they do not kill or torture/stone homosexuals)

Read somewhere that FIFA is insisting on Rainbow Flags been allowed to be shown and waved at games at the 2022 WC.

The WC in Qatar may very well led to much needed social reform and progress in that region. (Well I hope so)

Football worldwide (of all codes) still has a problem with Homophobia generally, no current Premier League or A League or AFL player has come out, which is a crying shame.

We had a gay player at Leeds a few years ago Robbie Rodgers although he wasn't our at the time and I am a big supporter of the Rainbow Laces initiative..

Yeah those laws are wrong and archaic I admit.. But hopefully having the World Cup there can hopefully help speed up the need for change with regards to homosexuality in those veru conservative nations (although Qatar seems more liberal than most from that region in that they do not kill or torture/stone homosexuals)

Read somewhere that FIFA is insisting on Rainbow Flags been allowed to be shown and waved at games at the 2022 WC.

The WC in Qatar may very well led to much needed social reform and progress in that region. (Well I hope so)

Football worldwide (of all codes) still has a problem with Homophobia generally, no current Premier League or A League or AFL player has come out, which is a crying shame.

We had a gay player at Leeds a few years ago Robbie Rodgers although he wasn't our at the time and I am a big supporter of the Rainbow Laces initiative..
It won’t lead to any change and FIFA rainbow suggestion is a shallow gesture

FIFA has power to be influential by ensuring countries with archaic laws/humanitarian issues do not get the right to host these events. That’s the best message they can give but they put their head in the sand with hand out and fill their own pockets.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It won’t lead to any change and FIFA rainbow suggestion is a shallow gesture

FIFA has power to be influential by ensuring countries with archaic laws/humanitarian issues do not get the right to host these events. That’s the best message they can give but they put their head in the sand with hand out and fill their own pockets.

Well the ship sailed on that boat mate when they let Putin's Russia host the last WC.

Part of Pussy Riot's infamous ground invasion in the last World Cup final was because of Russia's currently oppressive laws on homosexuality.

I do not think FIFA have the mandate or willingness (or even power) to be as influential as you seem to think.

Politics and issues aside, isn't the World Cup meant to be that, the World Cup, hosted in eve4y part of the world, not just Europe and South America which has been the case in the past ?

Well the ship sailed on that boat mate when they let Putin's Russia host the last WC.

Part of Pussy Riot's infamous ground invasion in the last World Cup final was because of Russia's currently oppressive laws on homosexuality.

I do not think FIFA have the mandate or willingness (or even power) to be as influential as you seem to think.

Politics and issues aside, isn't the World Cup meant to be that, the World Cup, hosted in eve4y part of the world, not just Europe and South America which has been the case in the past ?

Yes because they stuffed one up they shouldn't correct it going forward..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yes because they stuffed one up they shouldn't correct it going forward..

Well its too late to do anything about it now is it Boyo. Complaining about it won't change single fanny Adams.

I stand by my belief that many Aussie Football fans are in denial about how amateurish and poor our 2022 World Cup Bid was, and are still venting at Qatar, even when it has been acknowledged we were the 2nd nation eliminated from voting.

At the end of the day, even if Qatar didn't bribe the voters/confederates on FIFA, we were never going to host the WC.

And I will admit the AFL and NRL refusing to cancel their season's or lend them their stadiums for a potential world cup hosting event is part of the problem.

And the FA pissing off the Asian Confederation over the years (for reasons I cannot fathom) has not helped our cause either.

Hopefully hosting the Women's World Cup (with New Zealand) will present our case and strengths for hosting the Mens World Cup going towards.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Seeing more and more say that the quadruple should be the minimum expectation for us this year. Absolutely deluded, a few months ago we were in crisis and Pep was a bald fraud. We even had journos six months ago say that KDB had to force a move to Liverpool to achieve his football goals. Ridiculous.

A league title and that is very successful season. Anything more is a bonus.
The quad is doable though, you're in a great position for it. The league is sown up, probs the League Cup too as Spurs are trash. Half way there. CL is the big one that City want. Bayern the main problem there.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
The quad is doable though, you're in a great position for it. The league is sown up, probs the League Cup too as Spurs are trash. Half way there. CL is the big one that City want. Bayern the main problem there.
Liverpool did the Quad in my FM game... League, League Cup, CWC and Supercup lol

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
I wonder if crowds will be down at the WC in Qatar. Not the most desirable place to travel. Will be interesting.
i would say give tickets to those who build the stadium, but many of them are probably already in the walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back