The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

An excellent rant! Glad some of the players are speaking out. It's becoming ridiculous with all these games. He doesnt even know the name of the new competition they invented for more money and games haha. Love it.
He'll never play in that comp so he doesn't need to know about it haha. It's hard to feel much sympathy for the top guys given their earnings but I agree that there are far too many games. I'm completely bored of international football. Now they are playing flat out all year round there is not the same meaning to a lot of the games.

He'll never play in that comp so he doesn't need to know about it haha. It's hard to feel much sympathy for the top guys given their earnings but I agree that there are far too many games. I'm completely bored of international football. Now they are playing flat out all year round there is not the same meaning to a lot of the games.
Oh yeah they certainly get paid a ton of money and if someone wanted to give me 200k a week to play football all year round, I'd do it. But he is right that there are far too many games and players actually do need proper breaks to recharge their batteries so they can perform at the highest levels.

We dont want to see blokes like Messi, Salah, Mbappe all playing pretty poorly because they are knackered or burnt out or worse having top players get injured and miss games as it just makes the football worse to watch. We want everyone playing at their peak and for that, we need players to have a bit more rest.

But yeah, cry me a river, Courtois drove home to his mansion in his ferrari after that interview haha but I get where he is coming from.

Last edited:
Oh yeah they certainly get paid a ton of money and if someone wanted to give me 200k a week to play football all year round, I'd do it. But he is right that their are far too many games and players actually do need proper breaks to recharge their batteries so they can perform at the highest levels.

We dont want to see blokes like Messi, Salah, Mbappe all playing pretty poorly because they are knackered or burnt out or worse having top players get injured and miss games as it just makes the football worse to watch. We want everyone playing at their peak and for that, we need players to have a bit more rest.

But yeah, cry me a river, Courtois drove home to his mansion in his ferrari after that interview haha but I get where he is coming from.
I have no idea which side you're taking in this post.

Someone could pay me 1m a day I'd still get just as tired.

Diego Maradona filmed himself in bed with a 16-year-old who has accused the footballing legend of plying her with drugs, keeping her locked in a hotel and forcing her to get her breasts enlarged. The intimate videos surfaced amid a human trafficking case against the late Maradona's associates.

The incident occurred during 2000, when Mavys Alvarez from Cuba was introduced to Maradona while he was in Cuba for a drug rehabilitation course.

Maradona kept the young woman in his hotel for months, and even introduced her to Fidel Castro, the leader of Cuba at the time. Castro gave Alvarez special permission to leave the country, something forbidden for most Cubans at the time.

Alvarez was taken from Cuba without her parents permission and was kept in Argentina, where she was only allowed to leave the hotel to go shopping and visit the zoo, both under strict supervision from Maradona's associates.

Alvarez and her family kept quiet on the matter for years due to fears of retaliation from Maradona's associates as well as the Cuban regime.

In a newly surfaced video, Maradona is seen with a camera in his hands while the teenage Alvarez looks visibly uncomfortable.

That’s just ****ed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bostonian what's happening with that Bissouma stuff? Any more info come out?

Not just that but nothing has been said about the Mendy & Siggurdsson cases for awhile. Not even a Gylfi plea yet in the Siggurdsson case. Sorry about the bad dad joke.

On a serious note how the hell is it that professional footballers who have lives 99.99% of the world can only ever dream of are involved in sexual assaults? It's honestly disturbing. If someone was paying me 80k pounds a week I'd absolutely be on my best behaviour and wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that!!

Not just that but nothing has been said about the Mendy & Siggurdsson cases for awhile. Not even a Gylfi plea yet in the Siggurdsson case. Sorry about the bad dad joke.

On a serious note how the hell is it that professional footballers who have lives 99.99% of the world can only ever dream of are involved in sexual assaults? It's honestly disturbing. If someone was paying me 80k pounds a week I'd absolutely be on my best behaviour and wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that!!
Footballers are idiots though.

That Maradona revelation is sickening. fu**.

Not wholly unsurprising either. Reading the accounts of some of the Socceroos who ran into him at a Buenos Aires nightclub after we were eliminated in USA 94 qualifying. He basically offered them a whole heap of hookers and had lines of coke everywhere.

What do you think the club will do? Stand by him?

I guess they will just let the law do it's thing.

We still don't know what was done so hard to gauge the severity of the issue.

He has a pretty close relationship with Potter so that will make things interesting.

I'd say there would be massive disappointment that this situation occured and behind closed doors from the owner especially they would be having a hard look at their options going forward.

I guess they will just let the law do it's thing.

We still don't know what was done so hard to gauge the severity of the issue.

He has a pretty close relationship with Potter so that will make things interesting.

I'd say there would be massive disappointment that this situation occured and behind closed doors from the owner especially they would be having a hard look at their options going forward.

It's the only real option. Club can't jettison a player who hasn't yet been found guilty. In the event they did that and their player ended up being acquitted of the charges they would absolutely be open to a massive lawsuit.

I would expect that Bissouma continues as normal until his case is heard in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back