Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
That's what I was saying in my first post about it. England had 85% possession against San Marino. The SM players were buggered from chasing the ball and started going down with cramp. But they could change half the team to counter that. England made substitutions from their better squad but it was to give some squad players a run after the game was won. It's probably an extreme example.

But Man City v Norwich might be similar. Man City could have easily run out the game with the 11 they selected. Norwich swapped players who were getting the run around. With 5 subs they might have reduced Man City's dominance in the 2nd half.
I guess the counter argument to that is that Norwich would be replacing their 5 players with inferior players whereas City would be replacing theirs with players of a similar standard. Therefore the gulf in class between the 2 teams has increased.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I guess the counter argument to that is that Norwich would be replacing their 5 players with inferior players whereas City would be replacing theirs with players of a similar standard. Therefore the gulf in class between the 2 teams has increased.

The way I see it is that Norwich's whole squad is inferior to City's. If Norwich could use 5 subs it would be to replace players because they were knackered - of a similar (inferior to City) standard. 5 subs gives them an advantage over if they could only replace 3 knackered players.

City might have better players but in a game where they are dominant the subs are like for like for the lolz and it wouldn't make a difference if there were 3 or 5 subs.

The way I see it is that Norwich's whole squad is inferior to City's. If Norwich could use 5 subs it would be to replace players because they were knackered - of a similar (inferior to City) standard. 5 subs gives them an advantage over if they could only replace 3 knackered players.

City might have better players but in a game where they are dominant the subs are like for like for the lolz and it wouldn't make a difference if there were 3 or 5 subs.
I’d day the chances of subs 4 & 5 being superior for the top teams …fairly obvious I would’ve of thought

But their whole squad isn't the same quality... Norwichs 15 and 16th best players are substantially worse Manchester City's surely you understand this.

But their whole squad isn't the same quality... Norwichs 15 and 16th best players are substantially worse Manchester City's surely you understand this.
Not sure why this is so hard to fathom.

Zidane makes one small point that’s valid in that it helps players from all clubs, more rotation would reduce injuries and fatigue so that part is true.

But unquestionably bigger and wealthier clubs benefit out of this the most.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Well their 2019 rule on accidental handball had to be re-assessed and there were contrary points made at the time that in time proved to be correct.

That was a change in interpretation of the rule which is a different thing and happens pretty much every year with lots of different rules.

Offside rule itself hasn't changed but the interpretations of it have seemingly hundreds of times lol

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 6.35.17 pm.png

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Paying for Haaland?
Haha who knows
Hate this. A lot of loyal members who have had their seats for years will have to relocate or give up their season ticket. Wish more clubs focused on affordability rather than profitability for fans like Bayern.
More than tripling in price is ridiculous. They know people will pay it so they can charge what they like.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Man City bound that lad.

You predict that he will go to one of Newcastle, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, stay at Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Atletico Madrid, right?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You predict that he will go to one of Newcastle, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, stay at Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Atletico Madrid, right?

Why he would go to a s**t truck rabble like Tottenham? Boy wants to win and his old man was a Citeh player . Deal is as good as done.

No more Russians for Roman to screw over then. Gotta raise prices.
Ours are far too high.
Won't be us. Vlahovic as 2nd striker and keeping Harry likely.
Why he would go to a sh*t truck rabble like Tottenham? Boy wants to win and his old man was a Citeh player . Deal is as good as done.
Last season, (and possibly) this season will be our worst in nearly 2 decades... And will still be miles better than soon-to-be-back-in-the-championship Leeds United.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, AUFC, South Adelaide, Pompey
No more Russians for Roman to screw over then. Gotta raise prices.
Ours are far too high.

Won't be us. Vlahovic as 2nd striker and keeping Harry likely.

Last season, (and possibly) this season will be our worst in nearly 2 decades... And will still be miles better than soon-to-be-back-in-the-championship Leeds United.

Glad someone agrees that Leeds are going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back