Not open for further replies.

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Belated congratulations are in order to Everton, who have recently gone 19,000 days since winning the league without Kevin Sheedy.
0_sheedy.jpg

They join the exclusive club with Essendon, who have gone 19,000 days since winning a final without Kevin Sheedy. Or 20,681 since winning a flag without him.
319108-kevin-sheedy-as-kevfucius-supercoach-seer.jpg

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
does it even matter anymore? it's hardly like it changes the narrative about him as a manager.
I think it does for his sake. City needs CL glory under Pep and it’s obviously something he craves.
As for the perceived narrative, you’d have to be crazy to think that Pep isn’t one of the best managers to have ever graced the EPL.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
That it will be Salah will only piss me off.
I'd expect KDB to win. Recency bias is huge in these things and KDB being on fire and Salah's form has been down. That was flipped first half of the season.

But if Mo leads the league in goals and assists, bit rough if he doesnt get it I guess but wouldnt be surprised to see KDB win it. Mo already picked up the FWA Footballer of the Year so can see KDB getting this one.

But if Mo leads the league in goals and assists, bit rough if he doesnt get it I guess
And that's why it'll annoy me. If he wins it will be because of that.
Goal and Assist leader last season was the same man and was snubbed.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
And that's why it'll annoy me. If he wins it will be because of that.
Goal and Assist leader last season was the same man and was snubbed.
Whilst true, his team sucked. Salah's doesnt. So I think that plays a part.

But having said that, I reckon KDB wins anyways, he has all the momentum.

Whilst true, his team sucked. Salah's doesnt. So I think that plays a part.

But having said that, I reckon KDB wins anyways, he has all the momentum.
But it shouldn't. The best player should be judged as the best player.
Not the best player once you eliminate a dozen clubs that haven't done well enough by some arbitrarily selected criteria.

But it also makes no sense either given in this context both are being considered in successive seasons on their ability to score and assist.
Scoring and assisting leads to 3 points if you keep a sheet so Kane's team being poor was down to defensive frailties last campaign which is irrelevant to the reasoning for his nomination, as it would be if you were Salah had done this last season whilst your defence was injured all season.

Saka sticking out like a sore thumb there too. 11 goals 6 assists and makes it. Not deserving at all.

Ronaldo 18 and 3 misses out. As does Mount with 11 and 10 from midfield.
No centrehalves from City or Liverpool.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
But it shouldn't. The best player should be judged as the best player.
Not the best player once you eliminate a dozen clubs that haven't done well enough by some arbitrarily selected criteria.

But it also makes no sense either given in this context both are being considered in successive seasons on their ability to score and assist.
Scoring and assisting leads to 3 points if you keep a sheet so Kane's team being poor was down to defensive frailties last campaign which is irrelevant to the reasoning for his nomination, as it would be if you were Salah had done this last season whilst your defence was injured all season.
Not really, it always counts for your team to be good. Similar in the NBA, I think only once in the history of the league has a player won MVP when there team hasnt won at least 50 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back