The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, it always counts for your team to be good. Similar in the NBA, I think only once in the history of the league has a player won MVP when there team hasnt won at least 50 games.
How did Liverpool players win any awards between 1990 and 2017?

Rice. Easily.
Logically doesn’t make sense.

In an open pool with ALL players Saka and Alexander-Arnold are considered among the best 8 players.

The other 6 YPOTY candidates were not. Yet in a protected bracket based on age somehow now other candidates are better than those two.

Logical reasoning dictates it has to be one of those two and Alexander-Arnold was better.

Logically doesn’t make sense.

In an open pool with ALL players Saka and Alexander-Arnold are considered among the best 8 players.

The other 6 YPOTY candidates were not. Yet in a protected bracket based on age somehow now other candidates are better than those two.

Logical reasoning dictates it has to be one of those two and Alexander-Arnold was better.
I guess thats true, but really neither should have been on that list imo in the first place.

I guess thats true, but really neither should have been on that list imo in the first place.

Art Vandelay_'s point is logically correct but I agree, the premise behind it is flawed.

Ward-Prowse in the candidates for POTY but not Rice or Fabinho is bizarre.
TAA's defending is suspect. Robertson, James and Walker are better all round players.
Mane, Foden and Sterling are all better than Saka in a similar position.

This would be my list for POTY so Rice would logically get YPOTY.

KDB
Salah
VVD
Cancelo
Rice
Son
Bowen
Kane

Got to wonder about education of some of these players especially the English. Can’t remember which player it was but he how shocked he was how little Peter Beardsley knew about works outside football. Basic everyday stuff

Got to wonder about education of some of these players especially the English. Can’t remember which player it was but he how shocked he was how little Peter Beardsley knew about works outside football. Basic everyday stuff

Jack isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but the edit made him look bad. Off the field I think he's a bit of shy lad and was reacting to being dragged into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You heard the story about Mcateer and filling his car boot with ice to use as an "esky"?

We have the same discussion every year about YPOTY and sadly it's never changed.

Just ridiculous how some players end on that list. TAA is one of the best full backs on the planet, has been a first team regular for 5+ years, breaking all kinds of assists records and winning trophies... it's unfair that actual young players trying to make an impact have to go up against that.

The criteria has to change but it never, ever does.

We have the same discussion every year about YPOTY and sadly it's never changed.

Just ridiculous how some players end on that list. TAA is one of the best full backs on the planet, has been a first team regular for 5+ years, breaking all kinds of assists records and winning trophies... it's unfair that actual young players trying to make an impact have to go up against that.

The criteria has to change but it never, ever does.
That and he's already won it once.

The Aussie show in the women's FA Cup. Raso with a late equaliser
Shame this clashed with the mens game, but enjoyed the last 20 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back