The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not saying it isn't, I'm saying that because of that popularity, shop sales have soared, their social media following has exploded, and there's a lot more focus on them. Rob and Ryan have owned the club for almost two years but it was the documentary that caused that spike.

The bad press is more around the first season and the way they scrutinised the players so much. Honeyman spoke about it a few years ago.

Yeah see I completely disagree with Honeyman (which is obviously easy for me to say, I wasn't involved).

Several successful clubs have done it. City was one of the first with the All or Nothing series.

I think ultimately, Sunderland was poorly run from the top down. Didn't matter whether there was cameras there or not, they were always in trouble.

Yeah see I completely disagree with Honeyman (which is obviously easy for me to say, I wasn't involved).

Several successful clubs have done it. City was one of the first with the All or Nothing series.

I think ultimately, Sunderland was poorly run from the top down. Didn't matter whether there was cameras there or not, they were always in trouble.

As Honeyman points out though, the first season was done entirely differently to the All or Nothing and even the second season of Sunderland Til I Die.

Watched NFL Hard Knocks series a few times going back a few years . They follow usually a bottom club around ....but i've never taken to it, found then quite boring and they don't give too much away. Only watched a ep or two of Sunderland

Watched NFL Hard Knocks series a few times going back a few years . They follow usually a bottom club around ....but i've never taken to it, found then quite boring and they don't give too much away. Only watched a ep or two of Sunderland
I used to love Hard Knocks but I'm a bit the same now. I don't know whether there's just more content now and I don't find it as interesting but it certainly doesn't hold the same appeal that it used to.

PMSL?

Jokes. I guess it means he'll be working in tandem with someone, probs Neil Bath. I'm not fussed about the wankyness of it as hes a great get.

It's the joint role thing that I don't know ever works.

He was highly rated as a youth scout with us, and has made a good start at Southampton (albeit maybe signing City youth players).

I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

It's the joint role thing that I don't know ever works.

He was highly rated as a youth scout with us, and has made a good start at Southampton (albeit maybe signing City youth players).

I guess the proof will be in the pudding.
I guess we don't really know how we are going to be run yet moving forward. Or really what his role will be.

But it's exciting times for Chelsea supporters.

I guess we don't really know how we are going to be run yet moving forward. Or really what his role will be.

But it's exciting times for Chelsea supporters.
Have you hired all these people to break your almost 20 year striker curse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking about this while watching Welcome to Wrexham, after watching a game of NFL yesterday and the different sporting cultures between Europe v America v Australia, and just how ANGRY football fans seem to get in Europe.

They call it passion, but really it's pent up anger and violence, and I can't fathom why people from Europe are just so much angrier than anywhere else in the world. It can't be socio-economic conditions as Americans have it awful as well and yet (I could well be corrected on this) there's no segregation of fans and no huge instances of fighting at NFL/NBA/MLB/etc. games.

Of course in Aus we don't have huge instances of it either, and even Rugby League in England are able to drink in their seats and don't brawl (I don't think?). Obviously there's the point about low scoring nature of football leads to more pent up frustration in the stands, but is that really all there is to it?
Saw this during the week. Poms who got tickets to the GF.

Skip past all the actual game waffle. 26:28 talks about the difference between football in Britain and our footy.

Skip past all the actual game waffle. 26:28 talks about the difference between football in Britain and our footy.

Skip to that section, click on “share”, tick on “start at” and post the link you get. That’s how you timestamp a video.

How did these blow ins get tickets for the GF when there were ten of thousands of each club's members who missed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back