The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine what he could do in the Championship haha.

Vardy has 13 goals this season and he's 37 haha.

Vardy is a unique case though, didn't he start relatively late so his body isn't what other players that age (e.g. Sharp) are.

In League football maybe but he's been playing since 2006. He's made over 550 appearances.

In 2006 he was 19 right? That's pretty old compared to a lot of players who start playing senior football at 16-17. I know a lot have credited his 'late' start or late bloom as why he's still so resilient at his age.

In 2006 he was 19 right? That's pretty old compared to a lot of players who start playing senior football at 16-17. I know a lot have credited his 'late' start or late bloom as why he's still so resilient at his age.
He was but he also played through his youth.

He's been playing just shy of 20 years as a senior and has relied on his explosiveness to get by. His 'late start' might be 2 years at best really.

I think he's just been lucky he's managed to stay relatively injury free (there's been a couple this season). Not too many 37 years olds getting by that can do what he's done after 550 matches.

He was but he also played through his youth.

He's been playing just shy of 20 years as a senior and has relied on his explosiveness to get by. His 'late start' might be 2 years at best really.

I think he's just been lucky he's managed to stay relatively injury free (there's been a couple this season). Not too many 37 years olds getting by that can do what he's done after 550 matches.

Must be the red bull that gets him through all those games.

That match seems very very close to the end of the season, for example the champions league final isn’t until June 1st. Seems like new territory here, playing pre season/exhibition matches so soon.

Interesting to consider given its essentially 3 different tech eras and that affects consumability.

What's the more iconic and memorable moment?

Michael Thomas scoring at Anfield to give a 2-0 lead, the precise scoreline needed to win the title over opponent Liverpool.

Sky satellite dish era. Solskjaer injury time winner at the Nou Camp v Bayern.

Social media mass media consumption.
Aguero 93:20 to win the league.

Feel as though had the first two occurred in today's world of social media, global media access and watching on demand replays that they'd have more made of those moments that what occurred

Why the hell are they playing so soon after the end of the season? Talk about overloading players... and the Euros are on so I doubt any high quality players will attend from either side.

With the time difference the game at the MCG will effectively be 2 days after their final PL games. Travel time maybe 28 hours with the transfers and whatnot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly Anfield 89 is a distant third from a global impact POV. However, domestically, it went out live on BBC, so it would have had more eyeballs that latter years when those matches were behind thea pay-wall.

Anfield 89 is an incredible moment, but it has been lost to time as these days anything that happened pre-PL doesn't exist.

Why the hell are they playing so soon after the end of the season? Talk about overloading players... and the Euros are on so I doubt any high quality players will attend from either side.

Yeah, I doubt many household names will be playing in that match. The Euro 2024 managers would want their players in camp pretty quickly after the season ends and I doubt playing an exhibition match in Australia would be high up on the list of priorities.

Yeah, I doubt many household names will be playing in that match. The Euro 2024 managers would want their players in camp pretty quickly after the season begins and I don’t playing an exhibition match in Australia would be high up on the list of priorities.
I assume some of them will get a week's holiday first and then join up.

Interesting to consider given its essentially 3 different tech eras and that affects consumability.

What's the more iconic and memorable moment?

Michael Thomas scoring at Anfield to give a 2-0 lead, the precise scoreline needed to win the title over opponent Liverpool.

Sky satellite dish era. Solskjaer injury time winner at the Nou Camp v Bayern.

Social media mass media consumption.
Aguero 93:20 to win the league.

Feel as though had the first two occurred in today's world of social media, global media access and watching on demand replays that they'd have more made of those moments that what occurred
Could you imagine if Anfield 89 happened in the social media era? The internet would explode with Liverpool fans tears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back