The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Money doesn't guarantee success...but even if it did, they're still behind 2 or 3 teams anyway.

Pfft, last night I had a dream that some club in England was a good bet to finish in the bottom 5 and had 5000/1 odds to win the league. They ended up campaignering in the league. 😳

The power of sportswashing at work.

It really is incredible there are people that actually deny sportswashing is a thing. More ironically those that deny it are usually sportswashed themselves.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” - Mark Twain.

No middle eastern league will ever be the 4th or 5th best league in the world. That’s just moronic to think so.

Last edited:
“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” - Mark Twain.

No middle eastern league will never be the 4th or 5th best league in the world. That’s just moronic to think so.
Depends how much money they pump into it.

The same stuff was said about China a few years back when they started throwing all that cash at players. That didn’t last very long. I think Ronaldo is a bit fool of himself anyway. The likes of Mbappe, Haaland and the top players aren’t going to go to the Middle East because an old codger went there.

The power of sportswashing at work.

It really is incredible there are people that actually deny sportswashing is a thing. More ironically those that deny it are usually sportswashed themselves.

The definition of sportswashing seems to have changed again.

Sounds like he's just talking up the league he plays in.

Not really. World class young footballers are not going to want to live in a repressive Saudi Arabia. Doesn't matter how much cash is thrown thier way.

The fact that Al-Nassr has to cough up 214m a season to secure Ronaldo's signature says it all about the Saudi League. They'll sign has beens on ridiculous money and that's about it.

Will never even be the top league in Asia let alone a top 4 league in the world.

The same stuff was said about China a few years back when they started throwing all that cash at players. That didn’t last very long. I think Ronaldo is a bit fool of himself anyway. The likes of Mbappe, Haaland and the top players aren’t going to go to the Middle East because an old codger went there.

Mbappe will join the Saudi league in 2038.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moomba Magma must be great to see a City youngster debut for Australia. Thought he looked really good.
It is nice.

I've been aware of him in the youth ranks for a while but wasn't aware of his background. So nice to see him selected, good to see him get on the pitch and good to hear he did well.

What a joke

Very subjective & odds already stacked against keepers

It’s all about respect now, so I am fine with this. But they should go a step further and start handing out yellow cards to every player that surrounds a referee. If that is 6 players, give them all yellow cards.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back