The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian domestic football continuing to be a s**t show in the least surprising news of the day.

Honestly, how much longer will the A League last? Anyone think it’ll be in its current iteration in 5 years? 10?
Its a plastic league with plastic fans and has lasted too long for about 20 years now. Nothing better than laughing at A-League crowds and TV viewership.

These figures are just part of the natural cycle of a new competition, exacerbated by COVID which affected our competition more than any other.

In reality here is 2007/08 attendances

View attachment 1941632

And here is 2010/11 attendances

View attachment 1941633

That's right. A 43% drop in average attendance between 2007 and 2011. After that significant decline there was a significant increase in attendances. We are now at the bottom of the cycle, the same thing will happen again. The same thing happened in the MLS after the formulative years.

Once again you are using flawed logic like with your TV broadcaster argument.

Quite frankly it is disturbing how desperate you are to try and use frivolous arguments about the A League.

It's a bit like someone coming out saying Leciester Ctiy are doomed because of their financial mismanagement.
ROFL.

If you love football ultimately you will want to be able to attend the live experience of attending in person. And only the A League can offer that.

With the largest junior sporting pool to draw from the future is bright because these replace the deluded euro snobs.

And need I mention how much better the women's game is compared to the AFL which is farcical compared to women's football.
If you love football you would support real football clubs not plastic millionaire playthings or trash propped up by City Saudi group types.

If you love football you would support real football clubs not plastic millionaire playthings or trash propped up by City Saudi group types.
Drawing Motivation GIF

Topic creator. 😂

If you love football ultimately you will want to be able to attend the live experience of attending in person. And only the A League can offer that.

You can watch live football in person without watching the A League. My preference is to watch my old local league team whose sons and their mates are now playing.

But I'll go along to the first WU game at the new training ground and see how the facilities and public transport holds up.

City Saudi Group types :D

Australian domestic football continuing to be a s**t show in the least surprising news of the day.

Honestly, how much longer will the A League last? Anyone think it’ll be in its current iteration in 5 years? 10?
It’s just a carbon copy path of latter stages of NSL.
No sponsors/lack of teams and funding
No streaming, horrendous broadcast.
No stadium or training grounds suitable for professional sport.

Same old. Football is so political obsessed it’ll never get going with the egotistical suits in charge. Football NSW and Victoria is a joke. Honestly.. a commission should come in and disband the whole system and start afresh with overseas/business strategic management. Would never happen with the fatsos in power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really serves as a reminder we're all human. He cops a lot of flak online but none of us know what the person on the other end is going through. Saying this as someone who has previously disclosed such stuff.

So to that end, albeit there are a couple here that irritate me no end, if that's something that flippant outbursts have caused or have contributed to an unseen issue.
Then apologies.
Oi! That is a trick question.
You are weird at times.
Could have a Geelong BBL team and I wouldn't go near it. T20 is garbage. Union, Netball, NBL. All the same.
Trendy euro snob w***ers are an issue but ultimately they will eventually learn that going to the game and supporting your team regularly beats watching it on TV in the middle of the night.
Availability of product is a large issue for me in the season format as it stands.
But Football in this country will never get traction in Winter, and then there'd be stadium issues as well.

WSW would be sharing with Parramatta Eels.
Both Melbourne clubs with the Storm.
Jets with the Knights.
Roar with Maroons, Reds, Broncos.
Sydney with the Roosters.

Infrastructure issues will always keep this a summer dominant league.

The only thing I don't like is the propensity of commentators to talk up the league, and by extension domestic Aus football, as something its not. To make it sound better and more spectacular than it is. They don't need to try and pull the wool over people's eyes. We all know its the best domestic talent in Australia, but if the players were really good they'd be in a European League.
Giving immunity to players on the 3 strike rule if it's true.
Not sure its giving immunity so much as it is there's a loophole being exploited by some that a review ongoing atm hopefully sees changes made.
He makes what I said above very hard to adhere to.
Can't recall the last comment made that actually was... Sensible.

Just woken up have you? Recreational drug use in the AFL has been rife for years. Did you enjoy watching Buddy at Hawthorn?
The challenge between he and Gibson.
No way was that done drug free.

That is next level daft.
Willie Rioli daft.

You are weird at times.
Could have a Geelong BBL team and I wouldn't go near it. T20 is garbage. Union, Netball, NBL. All the same.

It’s a trick question because there is an A-League club that played matches in Geelong. I don’t watch the A-League either and I thought Western United still play matches in Geelong, until I just checked and they don’t anymore.

I wasn’t mocking you.

Dude makes £125,000 a week and for some reason needs more money. 😂

Add Sandro Tonali to the Ivan Toney school of dumb.

What a ******* idiot. Absolute d1pshit.

Hopefully he has people in his life with more understanding and sympathy to his problem and is getting the help he clearly needs.

There’s obviously still a pretty big stigma and lack of understanding when it comes to gambling addiction.

It’s a trick question because there is an A-League club that played matches in Geelong. I don’t watch the A-League either and I thought Western United still play matches in Geelong, until I just checked and they don’t anymore.

I don't think Western United have played a game in Geelong since 2021. But they will be hoping to appeal to Geelong based soccer fans who are not already committed to Victory or City. They are finally going to play home games in Tarneit starting on 6 April v Macarthur. Not in the 15,000 stadium that was promised but in the rejigged 5,000 seat Wyndham Regional Football Facility which was originally intended as a training ground.

I don't follow the A League either but I'm open to persuasion. I've booked tickets for that game which should be a historic occasion for the club. I'm expecting fireworks, dancing girls and a fly past by the RAAF Roulettes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back