The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing how Gündogan goes in the premier league this season. When is he due back from injury Magma moomba

Last I heard was September but they may have been a bit optimistic. Don't think he's joined in with even light training with the group yet, more just rehab.

We always hear about how the AFL wants equalisation and there has been regular criticism of 'Soccer' being dominated by money and from not providing a chance of success to all clubs, but is the Premier League a more equal competition than the AFL now? There are probably more teams whose fans would expect to win the league or finish top 4 in the PL than there were in the AFL this season.
You've forgotten the point that teams cycle through the top 4 a lot more regularly in the afl than the epl. So a team like stoke wont really ever expect to finish top 4, yet any team outside the 8 in afl will have the ambition of top 4, or have been close to top four recently. What I'm saying is, there is more light at the end of the tunnel for all supporters of the afl, and not so much epl, hence why the epl is scene as less 'equal'.

I hate players who do that stuttering penalty feint so I'm in favour of that rule, not sure a yellow card is warranted though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't change the rule, you already weren't allowed to stop during the run up as per my recollection. The difference is you will now get a yellow card if you do it, as well as the usual reversal of the foul.

The kick-off rule change is just acknowledging how 99.9% of the time the ball is kicked a foot and then kicked backwards. So may as well just let people kick it backwards. There are pros and cons with the change, but logically it makes sense and practically there's no real change.

Hmm... Sheff U, Grimsby, and Walsall.

I'm actually feeling really conflicted about this. On one hand, just having the academies here take part in what is meant to be a chance to win something for L1 and L2 (even if they view it as their 4th cup) just turns it further into a joke and more importantly, opens all sorts of ugly doors on this slippery slope of having B sides in the English League.

However... I... kinda want to see Leicester give this thing a really good crack and win the thing. I feel a little jibbed by the fact that the only time we took part, we didn't win it, so it sticks out as a bit of a sore point, especially considering we spent our only L1 season as Champion. I kinda just want to get some redemption on that... even though I know full well that if that happens, that would officially ruin the English Lower Leagues because we just allowed B teams to be in.

I definitely want to see the L1 and L2 teams belt the academy sides 5-0, but I just feel a little conflicted in regards to us and now being presented with an opportunity in filling in a very tiny gap.

I'm hoping that for the sake of proper justice, those three sides put us out of our misery (as well as to the other academy sides). These sides need to show why having academy sides here is just wrong on every level.

The penalty one was interesting.

I skimmed a bit but was I correct when I read if a player stops his run up then continues his run during the taking of a pen, he will be yellow carded and it will then be a FK to the opposition.

So say Chelsea get a pen against us. Hazard stops mid run up, then continues on and dispatches it bottom corner as Karius goes the wrong way. The goal will be ruled out, Hazard gets a yellow and we get a FK from the penalty spot??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back