The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know how many of those results are with spurs?

Southampton vs big 4 & espanyol vs RM/Barca are going to throw the mourninho and pep figures massively

The Usmanov to buy into Everton rumours have resurfaced again today, this time from Arsenal sources. http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/alisher-usmanov-could-sell-arsenal-stake-to-take-over-at-everton/

Usmanov has publicly criticised Kronke and his lack of spending/ambition at Arsenal. Kronke won't even let Usmanov on the board and has basically blocked him out from been able to do anything at Arsenal. Usmanov would have to sell all of his shares at Arsenal and he may have some issues doing that as not many people are going to fork out £400m to buy Usmanov's third of the club but then have absolutely no say on the running of the club. Kronke would want to buy the shares but Usmanov wouldn't let Kronke get his shares.

Moshiri, our current majority shareholder is long time business partner and very close friend of Usmanov they both credit their success to each other. Moshiri was the financial adviser and accountant to Usmanov and guided him to much of his success, Usmanov gave Moshiri shares in many of his businesses as a thank you. They both each owned half of Red & White holdings which owns about 35% of Arsenal's shares. Moshiri sold his half to Usmanov the day before he took over Everton.

It's such an easy rumour to make up and believe but I just cannot help but he excited. Usmanov is worth a bit under double Roman Abramovich at about 14bn, it's hard not to get really excited about even just the thought of Usmanov buying into Everton.

The Usmanov to buy into Everton rumours have resurfaced again today, this time from Arsenal sources. http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/alisher-usmanov-could-sell-arsenal-stake-to-take-over-at-everton/

Usmanov has publicly criticised Kronke and his lack of spending/ambition at Arsenal. Kronke won't even let Usmanov on the board and has basically blocked him out from been able to do anything at Arsenal. Usmanov would have to sell all of his shares at Arsenal and he may have some issues doing that as not many people are going to fork out £400m to buy Usmanov's third of the club but then have absolutely no say on the running of the club. Kronke would want to buy the shares but Usmanov wouldn't let Kronke get his shares.

Moshiri, our current majority shareholder is long time business partner and very close friend of Usmanov they both credit their success to each other. Moshiri was the financial adviser and accountant to Usmanov and guided him to much of his success, Usmanov gave Moshiri shares in many of his businesses as a thank you. They both each owned half of Red & White holdings which owns about 35% of Arsenal's shares. Moshiri sold his half to Usmanov the day before he took over Everton.

It's such an easy rumour to make up and believe but I just cannot help but he excited. Usmanov is worth a bit under double Roman Abramovich at about 14bn, it's hard not to get really excited about even just the thought of Usmanov buying into Everton.
Usmanov is a nasty individual. Not sure I would want him involved at your club.

Well he disappeared a rape conviction after getting his money in Uzbekistan. When he bought his Arsenal shares a former diplomat wrote a lot about him.
I've never done a lot of research into his personal allegations because I've got no idea on just about all of it, I've read his "controversies" tab on Wiki and that's about it. If you dig into the history of so many billionaires many of them have been accused of some pretty bad things, ala Roman. I don't think Usmanov has ever been proved of any serious wrongdoing? I know that doesn't always mean much but we can't really judge someone on things that can't be confirmed.

He's never overlapped his football and any potential negative personal baggage. The facts he's successfully held shares in such a big successful club in Arsenal does give me confidence.

Torres has come out and said a few interesting things chef & jod23 .

Pretty much said he got the impression FSG decided that LFC had got the best out of him and decided that they were cashing in on him soon after buying the club.

It wasn't a popular decision at the time but in hindsight it was a great business decision.

Torres has come out and said a few interesting things chef & jod23 .

Pretty much said he got the impression FSG decided that LFC had got the best out of him and decided that they were cashing in on him soon after buying the club.

It wasn't a popular decision at the time but in hindsight it was a great business decision.

Yeah, it would have been a pretty easy decision for you guys to make once we went mental and offered 50m for him.

Apparently he's having another sook and saying you guys tried to make him into a traitor too save face with your fans.

14064237_1258236477568598_8165536780266210783_n.jpg

Yeah, it would have been a pretty easy decision for you guys to make once we went mental and offered 50m for him.

Apparently he's having another sook and saying you guys tried to make him into a traitor too save face with your fans.

Surprising he still goes on about it.

Also IIRC in one of his previous interviews he said that he didn't settle in London very well and tried blaming that for his poor Chelsea form.

Surprising he still goes on about it.

Also IIRC in one of his previous interviews he said that he didn't settle in London very well and tried blaming that for his poor Chelsea form.

Seems like he just wants to blame everyone else rather than admit fault himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who really knows what went on. In the end he left. Suarez came in and we quickly forgot about him as he stunk it up at Chelsea. So all's well that ends well.

I was happy for him with the reception he got at the charity game last season from the fans at Anfield and I'm happy that he is doing ok at Atletico.

But he will forever be tarnished sadly. Just isnt looked upon like by the Kop like Gerrard, Fowler and even dare I say it Suarez. When you move directly to a big rival, he was always gonna go down a peg or two for the fans.

I'll always have great memories of him though, particularly because he played the best football of his career at Liverpool.

Who really knows what went on. In the end he left. Suarez came in and we quickly forgot about him as he stunk it up at Chelsea. So all's well that ends well.

I was happy for him with the reception he got at the charity game last season from the fans at Anfield and I'm happy that he is doing ok at Atletico.

But he will forever be tarnished sadly. Just isnt looked upon like by the Kop like Gerrard, Fowler and even dare I say it Suarez. When you move directly to a big rival, he was always gonna go down a peg or two for the fans.

I'll always have great memories of him though, particularly because he played the best football of his career at Liverpool.
How'd that end well? You blew most of the money on Andy Carroll and you still didn't win the league. I don't think it's got worse but I don't think it can be said it 'ended well'.

How'd that end well? You blew most of the money on Andy Carroll and you still didn't win the league. I don't think it's got worse but I don't think it can be said it 'ended well'.

Not really. Suarez & Carroll cost 57m combined and we then sold Carroll for 17m so it ended up working quite well actually.

It ended well for us because Torres was finished and we used his money to yet bring in Carroll who was s**t but also bring in Suarez who was flat out bonker and even better than Torres anyways.

So yeah, it ended well.

Doesnt surprise me with Torres. Saw it again with Sterling a few years later. It's like trying to leave the scientologists.

Pretty sustained and vindictive campaign by fans, ex players and "friendly" media.

I'm surprised to hear you saying Sterling will end up as s**t as Torres.

Good start for him so far, 3 assists, won 2 penalties, been our best of the Guardiola era so far. Hopefully carries on like this.

But you're over his departure so I suppose you're not too bothered how he does with us.

Good start for him so far, 3 assists, won 2 penalties, been our best of the Guardiola era so far. Hopefully carries on like this.

But you're over his departure so I suppose you're not too bothered how he does with us.

Yep, you won't see me comparing the departure of Sterling to Torres.

well, he's not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back